Woodefordes Nog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike101uk

Regular.
Reaction score
Just chucked in a woodfordes nog but swapped kit yeast for a wilko Gervin Ale and brewed to 21 ltrs, will leave 2-3 weeks primary then bottle and try not touch till mid December at earliest

Just chucked in a woodfordes nog but swapped kit yeast for a wilko Gervin Ale and brewed to 21 ltrs, will leave 2-3 weeks primary then bottle and try not touch till mid December at earliest

Made it a few times and always had good results with this kit. Should make a nice winter warmer for you :thumb:

So down to 1012 and almost ready to bottle , been 2.5 weeks in primary,

I've added finings to almost all my beers so far but not sure if I need to to this, we it's going to be aging for such a long period of time I think it will clear as much as it can naturally with cold storage

I've brewed this before, and just put one on last Saturday. I've brewed one can to 9 litres, and put in a sachet of Nottingham yeast instead of the supplied one. I plan to fill a mini keg, and bottle whatever's left. I'm considering priming with dark spraymalt, instead of sugar. Can anyone suggest an amount to use - I suppose it's best to add some to the keg, and some to the bottles rather than to mix in the bottling container as they're different animals.

As regards my first Nog brew - it was delicious. Kept a creamy, rich flavour, with a good head to two thirds of the barrel. Reminded me of Hobgoblin/Peculier!

So down to 1012 and almost ready to bottle , been 2.5 weeks in primary,

I've added finings to almost all my beers so far but not sure if I need to to this, we it's going to be aging for such a long period of time I think it will clear as much as it can naturally with cold storage
can never understand using finings as old father time is easily the best soloution to a clear ale:whistle::thumb:

Latest posts

Back