Ibrew Tap a Draft

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got my ibrew tap a draft kit last Friday, great service, i ordered it at 12:00 on Thursday on it arrived near enough 12:00 next day on Friday for a delivery charge £300, can you believe that?.

I hope to put in a bitter kit this week and then i can try out to tap a draft out kit, i just hope it works ok, but i'l soon see i guess.

The instructions are very poor though, there are two connections for two gas bulbs but does not say why, guess it will be a case trial and error.

Let you know how it goes. :)

Hi guys, i got my ibrew tap a draft kit last Friday, great service, i ordered it at 12:00 on Thursday on it arrived near enough 12:00 next day on Friday for a delivery charge £300, can you believe that?.

I hope to put in a bitter kit this week and then i can try out to tap a draft out kit, i just hope it works ok, but i'l soon see i guess.

The instructions are very poor though, there are two connections for two gas bulbs but does not say why, guess it will be a case trial and error.

Let you know how it goes. :)

I notice that Wilkos are selling these
http://www.wilko.com/homebrew-accessories+equipment/ibrew-tap-a-draft-system-4-bottle-case/invt/ib00020
Looks like an interesting idea if you don't like bottling.

Wilko is where i bought from, but the Tap a Draft kit is delivered direct from the manufacturer

Originally i was told that i could have it delivered to my local Wilko shop, but the lady i saw next said that they only do it direct from manufacturer to my home address. Either way £3.00
is quite cheap for such a quick delivery i think.

If it uses 2 bulbs its the old type the later ones use 1 x 16g bulb.

Mine broke and there seems to be no UK backup.

Aamcle

If it uses 2 bulbs its the old type the later ones use 1 x 16g bulb.

Mine broke and there seems to be no UK backup.

Aamcle

Thanks aamcle, mine does take two bulbs, but i don't understand why it needs two, unless as some one said earlier it uses a lot of gas.

Could i ask which part of your ibrew broke?

I have the tap o draft system and it delivers a very professional looking pint with a good head on top, sometimes a little too much head when the gas bulbs are new. It does go through gas like crazy, at least 3 bulbs per bottle.

My only complaint is that when you fit the tap to the bottle the little pipe goes in to the brew and it has a little weight on the end so it sits at the bottom of the bottle (when on its side). This is fine and is a good design unless your brew happens to have sediment, in that case the pipe sits directly on any sediment and you get a cloudy pint. My first try of Wherry, though delicious, had alot of sediment. Didn't put me off too much.:cheers:
img_4408-79.html

img_4408-79.html

IMG_4407.jpg

Thanks aamcle and Salad, do you know how much the bulbs cost?

aamcle, are you saying that the bottle split horizontally ?

If the bulbs are ridiculously expensive, I will have a go at converting my bottles to take the fitting that accepts a gas bottle, i believe you can buy the nozzle that fits the gas bottle, so it may just be a case of finding an adhesive that is suitably food grade quality when set.

Wow, is that the crack?

I only just spotted the enlarge message, and that is a heck of a crack for sure. Have all your bottles cracked? or just the one?

Perhaps it might be an idea to re-enforce the bottle in that area before it cracks.

Does any one here have the later ibrew set up?

@thesalad If I was you I'd rack to a bottling bucket/secondary before putting my beer in the ibrew bottle to leave all that sediment behind)

@pith-head look on ebay for co2 bulbs. I buy them to inflate my bike tyres. You can get threaded or unthreaded (don't know which ones you use for the ibrew system) a you can get as many as you want the more you buy the cheaper

Thanks Salad and MyQul, your advice is greatly appreciated and while i am here may i wish you both all the very best for the new year. Cheers guys.

Hi
have used tap a draft a few times and Wilkos sell the small gas bulbs that fit the unit, they do use probably around 4-6 bulbs per keg but do make a good poured pint when used

Back