Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried a new juice in a while so have got some ASDA Copella Apple & Elderflower Juice and i am going to add it to a litre of Red Grape Juice.

5012876393228_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Bought some of this yesterday. Will bang a wine on tomorrow .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am putting mine on later just waiting for my heat pad to arrive (finally bit the bullet after my last FV of wine took weeks to finish)

5012876393228_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

I am putting mine on later just waiting for my heat pad to arrive (finally bit the bullet after my last FV of wine took weeks to finish)

I found one going cheap on ebay turns out they sell them in Wilko and at £25 they are the cheapest i have seen. http://www.wilko.com/homebrew-gifts...Vg73tCh2TjgBSEAQYAyABEgLEx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I put my FV on the pad at 6 o'clock last night and its reading 23c this morning (its 15c in my kitchen) this is not the mat type pad i was expecting (because of the price i paid) it is the more expensive plastic tray type.

Easy to use.

Maintain the perfect temperature for fermentation

Great value

This heat pad can be used to maintain the fermentation temperature of your home brew. Providing an ideal temperature for brewing. Simply plug in and go!

£25.00

Capturesssssss.jpg

Hi all,

I've been reading up on the thread for the last few weeks, and given this a go;
2L ASDA mulled fruit juice,
1L ASDA red grape juice,
1tsp neutrient,
1tsp citric acid,
1tsp pectolase,
½tsp tannin,
1 vitamin B1 tab,
500g brewing sugar,
Super yeast.
Then bentonite to clear it.

Running the numbers this should come out roughly at 176g/l sugar at 5l.

It's been brewing nicely for 3 days so far, but it's only really today that it's become really active in the airlock.

Smells pretty good at the moment, so fingers crossed it turns out ok.

A little digging later -

You already put nutrient in so didn't need to add the B1 i doubt it'll do any harm adding too much.

It was on a few of the recipe's on here and a couple of other sites, although in retrospect they might not have had neutrient in as well as the tabs. I'll try to find them...

Do you think it might add any off flavours?

I have never done this so can only guess that 1 extra teaspoon in 4.5 litres is not going to do any harm.

Awesome :-). I can't find the recipe that says for B1 tabs, which is typical.

Thank you for this tread (I forgot to say in my first post) I can't wait to try the recipe's! Especially the strawberry Ribina :-)

Well... Been a member on here about 2 to 3 weeks and tried the W.O.W. (Orange) with red grape juice cos I can't get white. Turned out Ros'e ,it's got a bouquet I've never smelt B4 and a taste I've never tasted B4 but I can taste the orange first and I can only assume a back taste of red grape. Not that much body but I think it's a nice wine for what it cost to make so I will try it again when I can get some WGJ. Loving this site and all the info I get from it :thumb:

I have looked on eBay there is a site does 8x1ltr of white grape juice for �£19 which is not bad. Also do red same price. It’s a health store.

Well... Been a member on here about 2 to 3 weeks and tried the W.O.W. (Orange) with red grape juice cos I can't get white. Turned out Ros'e ,it's got a bouquet I've never smelt B4 and a taste I've never tasted B4 but I can taste the orange first and I can only assume a back taste of red grape. Not that much body but I think it's a nice wine for what it cost to make so I will try it again when I can get some WGJ. Loving this site and all the info I get from it :thumb:

Try a forum favourite -

Rosé wine

1.5 litres of apple juice

1 litre of red grape juice

800g sugar

A mug of strong black tea (2 bags)

1 tsp Yeast

1 tsp yeast nutrient

1 tsp pectolace.

Just a curiousity question. Has any one tried to brew a wow to a liquor strength? If so are there any recipient/methods to follow?

I got a liquor kit for Christmas which then got me thinking about it.

I'm still waiting for my mulled fruit wine to clarify, which is slowly starting after about 2 weeks.

Back