Grape Juice.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mwh1963

Reaction score
I've been reading several Posts regarding adding Grape Juice etc to the wine mix.
When would be the correct time to do this, and is it recommended?
(I'm using my first wine kit, 30 bottle Cab Sav).

I've been reading several Posts regarding adding Grape Juice etc to the wine mix.
When would be the correct time to do this, and is it recommended?
(I'm using my first wine kit, 30 bottle Cab Sav).

Hi!
I replace a couple of litres of water with grape juice when diluting the syrup. I get mine from Lidl or Sainsbury's.

When should I dilute?
Also, is it a good idea to add fruit at first stage for more flavour?
Brand new to this brewing lark!!!!!

When you initially make up the kit into your fv just replace some water with grape juice as big col said
I've not added fruit to a kit but would say add at the beginning.

Hi!
I replace a couple of litres of water with grape juice when diluting the syrup. I get mine from Lidl or Sainsbury's.

Red grape juice presumably, since the OP asks about Cab Sav? Do they sell white grape juice or can we assume that we're never going to see it again in asda? Such a shame...

Red grape juice presumably, since the OP asks about Cab Sav? Do they sell white grape juice or can we assume that we're never going to see it again in asda? Such a shame...

Hi!
Didn't check the date of joining of the OP - assumed he had read the posts discussing the paucity of supply of WGJ.

Come to think about it, the real difference between red and white wine is the tannin content, of which there is about 4 times as much. I suspect the reason for the shortage of white grape juice is that it tastes pretty much the same as the red. Dessert grapes are used and most of these are seedless so the tannin content is low. It's cheaper and easier to use both white and red juice and this accounts for the rather pale bland red wines it produces.

Latest posts

Back