russian imperial stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, would like to do an imperial stout for christmas 2012, would it be ok to condition in an old brown plastic keg (boots i think).i used it last year to condition home brewed cider for 7 months and it turned out ok. :cheers:
johnluc

If you search this forum Aleman is your man for RIS (as well as most things) there have been a few threads on the subject and probably his recipe floating around.

:thumb:

cheers,have looked at alemans posts, think i may have all the answers i need, tad optomistic thinking about christmas 2012, how the hell can you keep a beer for 2 years, at my age i don't even start a long book :shock:
johnluc

johnluc said:
tad optomistic thinking about christmas 2012
That was my thought too :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

how the hell can you keep a beer for 2 years :shock:
The mistake is putting it in a vessel that has a tap on it :whistle: :whistle:

I've still got a 9L corny in the Kegereezer with my 2008 vintage that needs to be bottled . . . I suppose I could have entered it into the National Homebrew Competition, but I didn't think about it :evil:

thanks aleman very kind of you, you and many others on here have been a great inspiration to me with your knowledge and expertise,just wished i'd started sooner, instead of having to drink lager :sick: for the last six years,
johnluc.

I made some using Alemans recipe in May 2010.
I've tested 6 or 7 bottles (330ml) so far; really just to see how the beer ages. The first couple I tried in May of this year and it was pretty undrinkable due to the enormous hop inclusion. It certainly has promise though, and the last couple I've tried certainly have not been as harsh.....it is a very complex drink. It needs some patience.

I think I will make another batch soon :cool:

I have around 60bottles (330ml) that I put my RIS in last December - 9months in the bottle gives a huge difference from say 3 or 4 months, I will try one every few months - this really does need / benifit from the two years :D

Latest posts

Back