Woodfordes Wherry help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just kegged my Woodfordes Wherry, ten days in f.v. final gravity 1013, it smells great but has some bits floating on top that looks like dead yeast as it is the same colour as the yeast sludge in bottom of the f.v. Is this unusual and does it mean I have ruined my brew, it is my first kit for a couple of years. I took real care with sterilising everything any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I wouldn't worry, just go ahead and bottle / keg it... often get a few bits n pieces floating about on the surface at the end of a brew...

:cheers:

You've done well getting it below 1015, the bits will just sink to the bottom or cling to the side of the bucket when bottling :thumb:

After reading this thread I'd love a Wherry about now, It used to see me well after a few weeks in a bottle

Yep, no problem. You'll often find clumps of yeasty bits floating - they usually come loose from the side of the FV. Nothing to worry about at all. And like has already been said, well done on getting your SG anywhere below 1016. WW is a notoriously finicky finisher.

Thanks for that, getting a good fg was definitely more luck than judgement, getting a few days closer to trying it.

Latest posts

Back