something for xmas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboy

Reaction score
with xmas being only a couple months away surely its a good time to start a brew of something festive so its ready in time.

so, does anyone have any favourite festive wine recipies? is there a popular/famous one?

I know its not "Wine" but I have my Spicy Orange Mead aging nicely. Been considering trying the Fiery Ginger Beer as a mead again this weekend as the last time I made it the DJ fell off the shelf and broke :(

wheres the recipie links then??? ;)

and dont mess with your ginger beer when your ginger beers been messing with you. surely thats a rule?

i was thinking about making a mead. but how do you make a "Mead wine" like the kind you get from the meadery? (If anyone actually knows what they are !)

Waterboy said:
wheres the recipie links then??? ;)

Spicy Orange Mead

Fiery Ginger Beer

With the Ginger Beer just sub out the 2.5kg Sugar for around 1.8kg of Honey.

Peapodmaster said:
i was thinking about making a mead. but how do you make a "Mead wine" like the kind you get from the meadery? (If anyone actually knows what they are !)

I think the Mead Wine might just be Mead.....Just wine uses Sugar to fuel the yeast while Mead uses Honey. I have read a fair few places that refer to Mead as Honey Wine and mead Mead Wine.

Cheers

Marrsy

I made a WOW variation with Apple, RGJ & Cinnamon which seems to have come out nicely.

Peapodmaster said:
Ahh alright then, well i'm thinking about trying it then. WGJ or RGJ ? do you have a recipe i can use? :)

What kind you after flavour wise ? You dont need Grape Juice for Mead, Alot of it is water, Check the one I linked above as Spicy Orange Mead out, if that doesnt take your fancy just let me know what fruit your into and I will get you a recipe that suits it :thumb:

Cheers

Marrsy

What, THIS Christmas? :wha:

I'm already working towards NEXT Christmas ;)

i like the strawberry mead wine i get at my local meadery (or even the one that tesco's sells Here) but the prices of strawberries are quite expensive. what would be the ammounts i would need?

Not tryed this but Storm the Castle is an awsome source for Info on Mead.

Code:
Strawberry Lemon Honey Mead

Ingredients for a 1 gallon Mixture:

1 kilo of strawberries (2.2 pounds) blended
    2 kilos of honey (4.4 pounds)
    4 zests of lemon
    6 lemon meyers cut into wedges
    and water to fill up the rest of the jug
    Mix it all and add your yeast

on a tangent !!!! it is a gud time to start a xmas pudding so much better than shop 1s
4 oz (110 g) shredded suet
2 oz (50 g) self -raising flour, sifted
4 oz (110 g) w hite breadcrumbs
1 level teaspoon ground mixed spice
¼ level teaspoon f reshly grated nutmeg
good pinch ground cinnamon
8 oz (225 g) soft dark brow n sugar
4 oz (110 g) sultanas
4 oz (110 g) raisins
10 oz (275 g) currants
1 oz (25 g) mixed candied peel, finely chopped (buy w hole peel if possible, then chop it
yourself )
1 oz (25 g) almonds, skinned and chopped
1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
grated zest ½ large orange
grated zest ½ large lemon
2 tablespoons rum
2½ fl oz (75 ml) barley w ine
2½ fl oz (75 ml) stout
2 large eggs

wont disappoint i always make spares and give some away and i even still got 2 lil 1s from last year that r gonna b lush this year with a nice glass of wine and a few bears !!! :D

blinkey said:
still got 2 lil 1s from last year that r gonna b lush this year with a nice glass of wine and a few bears !!! :D
Grizzly, polar, black or brown? December might be a bit chilly for a picnic, but we'll be interested to see the pictures. Capture it on Kodiak.

Now where did I leave my coat? :whistle:

:oops: lmao ops :wha: But everyone needs someone to drink with :drink: :whistle: hmm did i get away with that hehe

Latest posts

Back