Wilko's Own Brand Cerveza.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to get one of these wilko cerveza kits to try.
I've noticed the out of date golden lager kit I just brewed has been discontinued.
I'll probably pick up a Yorkshire bitter kit and possibly a Geordie lager kit.
Not sure what the £16 wilko lager kit is and whether worth the extra £4 ???

I did say I wouldn't bother with beer but I'm buoyed by the success of the golden lager 😁👍
i think the 16 quid kits are 1.7kg

That Geordie Lager kit is pretty good actually.

i think the 16 quid kits are 1.7kg

Cheers, looking at brew2bottle and @terrym
Also mentioned coopers lager kits, work out around same price after postage and what with lockdown etc 🙄

I did notice the £16 at wilko were 1.7kg after I posted 👍
So the coopers kits are good value from b2b, cheers 👍

Last edited:
I've opted for the coopers kits from brew2bottle.
Australian lager,
Mexican cerveza,
British bitter.
Also 200 beer caps (sale items)

I was going to go over £50 with a wine kit for free postage but they are pretty low on stock with wine and I'm trying the supermarket stuff anyway,

also I'll have plenty to get on with,
besides, £3.50 is decent p+p.
Plus 5% off for signing up 😁
So £38 aint bad 👍

I'll probably pick up a cerveza from Wilko sooner or later.

Coopers Kits are pretty good. I've done their Mexican Cervesa kit before and it turned out well (there isn't too much to say with lager. Disappeared quickly over a few hot summer days).
Heard good things about the British Bitter kit.

Have fun athumb..

Coopers Kits are pretty good. I've done their Mexican Cervesa kit before and it turned out well (there isn't too much to say with lager. Disappeared quickly over a few hot summer days).
Heard good things about the British Bitter kit.

Have fun athumb..

Cheers CP,
I started off drinking bitter as a young un so thought I'd give it a go although these days I'm not a fan of beer/ales 😳
(Dare i say that here ?) 😁
Planning of giving some to my father as well as trying it.

Since i started brewing again I was going to stick to wines and turbo cider.
But having brewed an out of date wilko golden lager kit (discontinued) I still had,
and being impressed, I've decided to try others.

Probably the main reasons I stopped brewing in the past was not being a wine or cider drinker
First time out, space, and only putting beer in a PB.
Bottling, although more hassle, advice and reading guides here whilst buying new equipment to aid the process has made it easier and more enjoyable 👍

Started this off on the 29th May using 1kg brewing sugar & 500g of light spray malt and brewed short to 21ltrs. SG was 1.044. I used the yeast in the kit and have had it in the brew fridge at 18c. On day 14 i'll take it out of the brew fridge and put on the garage floor and bottle 2 days later...hopefully it'll be nice and clear.
Just a question on priming...I've seen a lot of variation on the amount of sugar to use between 100g to 180g. I want to make it fizzy but without blowing the garage up, so would appreciate the sages advice.

Started this off on the 29th May using 1kg brewing sugar & 500g of light spray malt and brewed short to 21ltrs. SG was 1.044. I used the yeast in the kit and have had it in the brew fridge at 18c. On day 14 i'll take it out of the brew fridge and put on the garage floor and bottle 2 days later...hopefully it'll be nice and clear.
Just a question on priming...I've seen a lot of variation on the amount of sugar to use between 100g to 180g. I want to make it fizzy but without blowing the garage up, so would appreciate the sages advice.

If you're bottling a small teaspoon of table sugar per 500ml is a good guideline. Otherwise there's plenty of calculators online:
Beer Priming Calculator | Brewer's Friend (brewersfriend.com)

(I did the calculations for you and about 137g of sugar will be fine).

I thought about 140g would be good. Thanks for the info.
Bottled today into a mixture of 330, 500 & 950ml bottles and its as cloudy as chuff, lets hope it settles out.
It's been on the floor of the garage for 3 days but its been warmer than the sun here on the south coast! Next time I might use finings or drop the temp in the brew fridge to really cold....thoughts??

Do you have a cupboard you could put it in?
Heat can really ruin a beer. As can light strike.
If not a cupboard a box and put those freezer things you get in cool boxes in with it (on a rotation).
I dunno, is a tough one.

Just tasted my first pint of this. Originally planned to try to reproduce a Desperado type beer but decided on the lime/tequila additions could be made post brew.

I'm very pleased, more of a Munich style lager than bland euro-fizz.

Latest posts

Back