THBF Secret Santa Bottle Swap 2012! Closed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
5kka5k.jpg

So here we are, due to an almost unanimous vote for a bottle swap, we're having an xmas bottle swap :cheers:

Here ye here ye, here be how to enter!

PM me your Name and Address and a "yes" to say you are definitely participating. On Dec 1st, you will receive a name and address to send your bottle of beer to. Somebody will receive your address, and they will send you a bottle. When it arrives, let it settle out, crack it open, and post a picture and write up on here!

Here ye here ye, here be the rules!

Entrants MUST have sent their address over to me by 29th November 2012.
Packages and beers must contain NO distinguishing marks, it's totally secret until new years!
You must let us all know when you have received your beer so I can tick you off :thumb:

Here ye here ye, here be the Last Christmas Posting Dates and Mailing Tips!

Can be found here - http://www.royalmail.com/greetings
Those of you posting from abroad, make sure it's with the person receiving it by the 25th December!
Ensure your beer is secured with bubble wrap etc, and try to match the size of the parcel to the size of the bottle as close as possible. Plastic is MUCH better for mailing, so if possible, send a plastic bottle instead of glass.

No limits to beer styles etc, and new members, feel free to get involved! It's all a bit of fun and everybody is welcome :cheers:
Also, can those who don't mind mailing abroad for our non-UK members express their interest when PMing me? Cheers :thumb:

Why not just do a straight Brew swap secret santa that way it stays cheap and everyone ends up spending the same. There is a food parcel one that food bloggers do where they send each other each month either things they have produced or things that they have seen, then they review it.

You could also send yeast samples

I would be up for that :thumb:

I'd be well up for a christmas secret santa brew swap!!

Brilliant idea GA!

PS, must remember to send you a bottle of the RIS... if it doesn't turn up in the next couple of weeks gimme a nudge. :thumb:

I'm in! although its a secret Santa ( and this suggestion totally defeats the purpose) I think it would be good to know who sent you the beer so you can provide feedback.Me and Conan the barber swapped bottles this week without any hitches, although the sediment got mixed up a bit in transit!

If someone can control it centrally, then who sent what to whom can be revealed afterwards I guess?

I'm still up for it :thumb: i'm happy with either a bottle swap or a full on secret santa with random gifts, I've had great experiences with both on here :thumb:

Have run a few before so I'm happy to organize it, unless one of the mods want to or someone very organized and active. All you gotta do is pm a "yes" and your address to one person, then you scramble em up, make sure nobody rubbish is paired (ie Mark paired with Wendy, hahah.) Send the addresses back out and watch the anarchy ensue :thumb:

love the idea of a bottle swap :cheers:
i would defnatily be up for that if it happens :thumb: :pray:

steve :grin:

I think secret santa bottle swap would be way to go. Although I think it would be good to know whose beer you were drinking. Now then, 330's or 500s?

If you are doing a bottle swap and include wine then I'll be in, or even random prezzies!

Silly question, how would you do a bottle secret Santa without the bottles smashing in the post?

Box them up well.

I wrap in bubble wrap then jam them in a thick cardboard tube the type of thing carpet comes on (cut to length obviously). Then wrap again and palce in a box with more bubble wrap.

They are pretty safe that way. :thumb:

abeyptfc said:
I'm in! although its a secret Santa ( and this suggestion totally defeats the purpose) I think it would be good to know who sent you the beer so you can provide feedback.

I've taken part in online secret swaps before and usually we'd have a thread after everyone has recieved theirs, so people can guess who sent it. I don't think any of my brews are of good enough standard to be sending away, but I'd be happy to send something else brew related if that is still an option. If not, that's okay though!

Gayle said:
I don't think any of my brews are of good enough standard to be sending away

Don't be ridiculous!! Firstly I'm sure you will be producing perfectly drinkable stuff which is probably WAY better than you think it is. Secondly, this is your chance to find out!

That's the whole fun of this, you pick a bottle that you think the recipient will like, they drink it, you get feedback and you get something in the post, you drink that and give feedback, you also get to compare someone else's stuff to yours.

So go on, dig out a bottle, put it aside and stick your name in the hat. :thumb:

I have done quite a few bottle swaps with forum members and I am always pleased with what i have had, never had a duff one, whether it be all grain or from kits, infact one of the best pints I had was from a kit. :thumb: :thumb:

Go on join in :thumb:

graysalchemy said:
Box them up well.

I wrap in bubble wrap then jam them in a thick cardboard tube the type of thing carpet comes on (cut to length obviously). Then wrap again and palce in a box with more bubble wrap.

They are pretty safe that way. :thumb:

Bubble wrap then into a whisky bottle tube should suffice. Although this could lead to disappointment for the recipient! :lol:

Latest posts

Back