Something Belgian?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peelman

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
For my next brew I am planning on doing something Belgian. Along the lines of Duvel would be ideal.

Has anyone out there got a good Belgian style AG recipe they would recommend??

:hat:

Have you done this one before?
I'm up for giving it a go if it's a cracker and I can do it without it getting too complicated like lagering or decoction and such (Still trying to get my head around that lot..).. Looking for a standard type AG brew Belgian style.. (and quite strong if possible :drunk: )

I'm interested in a Duvel clone also. My Summer Lightning clone has turned out a similar flavour profile to Duvel, a little sweet and a little fruity, not too bitter, not as strong as Duvel though, I wonder if it was the yeast (Wyeast 1318 London Ale III) :hmm:

A cracking brew only 5 weeks on from brewday as well :drink:

My tripel recipe is modeled after Westmalle's tripel. It's VERY simple.

5 US Gallons/19l
OG: 1.084
IBU: 30
13lbs of Belgian Pilsner
2lbs white sugar
1.5oz Styrian Goldings @ 60min
1oz Saaz @ 15min

Mash at 65C for 90min

Large starter of Wyeast 3787

I have a Duvel recipe I found at some point but I've never brewed it and don't know how close to the real thing it is.

Thanks for that.
What length batch would that tripel recipe be for, 5 gallons?

Thumbs up that recipe, it will be worth it just to try WY 3787, a beast of a yeast! T

Doing your tripel brew this coming weekend. Will let you know how it turns out!
Going to try and reuse the yeast form this brew and dump another Belgian style wort straight on top of the yeastcake??

:cheers:

I was lucky enough to receive a truly fantastic Tripel from Asalpaws in the recent Bottleswap. His recipe was similarly simple, showing off the pilsner malt and the yeast's funk. Same yeast, I think. Should be great. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back