What equipment is needed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluezephyr

Reaction score
Is there a list of all the equipment needed for an all grain set up on here please? Just tried a quick search but maybe not using the right keywords to find a specific thread.

Interested in just working out how much it would cost for a half decent setup.

Any help with sites and links. Thanks in advance :cheers:

you NEED something to mash the grain in and you NEED something to boil the resultant wort down to fermentable concentration. so you NEED something to measure that (hydrometer)

the mash container and boiler can be the same thing..:) see biab ;)

you can use more equipment, many do, as a quick browse in here will tell you.. it wont necessarily make better beer, but will/should make the process easier.

decent tools for measuring quantities and temps, and something to chill the post boil brew to fermentation temps are common initial upgrades to the very basic kit.

best to get a brew on with the minimum of kit to learn how you like to brew and what will make your brewday better/easier before spending lots you may find a basic biab suits you many do..

Thanks or the replies, I really need to find a local brewery or All grain home brewer to show me the ropes

wheres about are you mate, there will be someone local to you that will let you sit in on a brewday. ive got a hlt and mash tun for sale too :thumb:

Only just seen your message danb.
Found your for sale thread, glad you sold it all. I won't be in the market until ive seen first hand all the gear in use.

Bluezephyr said:
Only just seen your message danb.
Found your for sale thread, glad you sold it all. I won't be in the market until ive seen first hand all the gear in use.

If u wanna sit in on a brewday where r u ....

sure u will get plenty of offers.. but local is the key u dont wanna be driving home afterwards.. i brew wet ;)

Latest posts

Back