fav brew tubers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was drunkenly watching Craigtube that I convinced myself to start brewing. It's been a slippery slope since then...

I like Craig's videos as he's pretty lacking in pretension and really enthusiastic without getting to the point of becoming irritating. I quite like Brewmaster Ben as well for similar reasons. I find a lot of youtubers to be almost unbearable to watch though.

Got to give forum member Hoddy a mention great videos and he plugs the forum in most of them -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOvk6tnHwdj5fHWB7nwO1ow

RedDarrens (forum member) award winning beer -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwHmorK-gg

Thanks for the plug chippy.

And if you've watched any of my videos I'm sure you've seen some of my mistakes/disasters & hang overs.

I would really appreciate any feedback from forum members tho. Any suggestions about how I could make the videos better/less annoying would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was drunkenly watching Craigtube that I convinced myself to start brewing. It's been a slippery slope since then...

I like Craig's videos as he's pretty lacking in pretension and really enthusiastic without getting to the point of becoming irritating. I quite like Brewmaster Ben as well for similar reasons. I find a lot of youtubers to be almost unbearable to watch though.
Yeah,craigs great for starting off kit brewing, he certainly isnt put off by all grain brewers giving him negative comments, also i agree with you saying some are unwatchable even though I could never do it.

Yeah,craigs great for starting off kit brewing, he certainly isnt put off by all grain brewers giving him negative comments, also i agree with you saying some are unwatchable even though I could never do it.

I agree completely - there's definitely a place for kit brewing and it was my gateway into the hobby. Being taken through a brew step by step by Craig and then his later videos showing how you can improve a kit were a great help when I was starting out. I can't see why some people feel the need to get sniffy about kit brewers - I went kit to extract and have just started AG and there are massive pros and cons to all three. If you enjoy the version you do then good for you (even though I now wonder why I didn't move on to AG much sooner as I'm finding it far more enjoyable than the other methods!)

Thanks for the plug chippy [emoji6]

And if you've watched any of my videos I'm sure you've seen some of my mistakes/disasters & hang overs.

I would really appreciate any feedback from forum members tho. Any suggestions about how I could make the videos better/less annoying would be great.

To be honest with you your videos are really cool. Helpful, easy to watch and un pretentiuous. I hate TV but could watch you all day. Same goes for many other brewers on YT. Quality, keep it up mate.

Favs for me are donosborn for how to's , brewmaster ben for seeming like a guy you could sink a few with and talk **** about beer and fast homebrew for making me laugh and showing how simple it is to make tasty beer.

I really have developed a massive obsession with "Take some advice". His videos are like car crashes - you know nothing good will come out of them but you can't stop watching.

He had a massive fall out with craig tube and has it in for anyone who uses kits or extract.

He is clearly a complete novice who tries to come across as an expert. His sanitation video is a classic. I would love him to start making videos again.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y[/ame]

Or better still you could make a pizza he has a great vid on making pizza:electric:

I really have developed a massive obsession with "Take some advice". His videos are like car crashes - you know nothing good will come out of them but you can't stop watching.

He had a massive fall out with craig tube and has it in for anyone who uses kits or extract.

He is clearly a complete novice who tries to come across as an expert. His sanitation video is a classic. I would love him to start making videos again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y

All of a sudden I feel a whole load better about my video blogs.

I can hardly throw stones but this guy is a clown in a totally new league. And you were right. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. And you can't stop watching him to see what he does next.

Brew days with no top on next apparently......... For sterility reasons....

All of a sudden I feel a whole load better about my video blogs.

I can hardly throw stones but this guy is a clown in a totally new league. And you were right. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. And you can't stop watching him to see what he does next.

Brew days with no top on next apparently......... For sterility reasons....

At least it's not just me.

When I started nearly a year ago I found Craig tube a good way to know how to begin and still visit occasionally.

Enjoy Brewmaster Ben and The Old Farts, both entertaining and down to earth.

Two others worth a shout, both not mentioned so far.......The Geeky Dad and Jabeerini, entertaining, informative and easy to watch.

Youtube is a great way to learn a new hobby :thumb:

Stroll.

I know they may be a little 'Yankee-doodle dandy' for some but I really like Dawson and Keeler from Brewing T.V because they don't take themselves too seriously. They have a good little video about stout that really inspired me to try new recipes. Sadly a lot of BT has now just become one long advert for Northern Brewer.

http://brewingtv.com/episodes/?currentPage=7

A good beer-person to follow is author Pete Brown (author of Man Walks Into a Pub.) Very engaging and knowledgeable.

Latest posts

Back