Bulldog, Evil Dog Double IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first posting on this forum. This week I received this kit. I like fooling around with kits. On the back of the instructionleaflet, they give an alternative suggestion for the use of the added hoppellets. It suggests to boil a taebag in 3 litres of the wort for 30mins. After which you cool the wort and return it to the FV before pitching. Apperantly it's the idea to add extra bitterness to the kit, however it doesn't say how many EBU's this will add. The hoppackets also don't have an indication of the alpha-acids. Has anyone tried this?

I didn't any replies to my question, so I tried a few commercial beers with the same IBU. Afterwards I decided to just try to do the partial boil with the simcoe teabag. It's in the FV1 now. After it ferments out I'll dryhop with mosaic and see where it ends up.
:hmm:

I didn't any replies to my question, so I tried a few commercial beers with the same IBU. Afterwards I decided to just try to do the partial boil with the simcoe teabag. It's in the FV1 now. After it ferments out I'll dryhop with mosaic and see where it ends up.

:hmm:

Appreciating that this was a year ago now - do you remember how this turned out? I have some Evil Dog in FV at the moment and was thinking about dry hopping with mosaic.

Do you remember?

I've made this kit several times since. Each time with the extra boil. The first time with the simcoe teabag and the mosaic dryhop was OK. The other times I did the extra boil with mosaic and the dryhop with mosaic and both supplied teabags with simcoe and summit. The result was great.

Latest posts

Back