First Outing for Homemade Chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tested my home made immersion chiller for first time today and it worked great....(made from 10metres 10mm copper pipe from wickes for £21- see brupaks chiller thread). Chilling time was down from 50 minutes previously to about 35-40minutes, and it sits nicely in the boiler, with hose connection over the edge on the outside. Would recommend anyone moving to AG and thinking of buying a chiller, to make one themselves.
Pics...1) chiller, 2) old chiller on last brew where I was getting water leaks into the wort, 3) new chiller in action and 4) during draining.
Note colour of brew..50% vienna malt, 50% pale (plus some carapils) in my experimental quest to get a proper golden ale....though by the end of the boil it looked like it was maybe more Tango than golden ale...:oops:...we'll see at end of fermentation. Used Galaxy hop pellets.... smell was great.

Resize of P1030755.jpg

Resize of P1030726.jpg

Resize of P1030756.jpg

Resize of P1030757.jpg

Watch out for the big orange man!

The chiller looks great, just made one myself but bigger diameter loops to sit low into a 100 litre pot. Very little work involved other than a couple of compression fittings, not sure why anyone would want to buy one when you can make it to fit exact requirements.

Latest posts

Back