Gassing a cornie and a king keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is there a way to gas a cornie and a king keg from the same bottle,currently I use the S30 valves fitted in the king keg lids and the cornie lid,the problem I have is these S30 gas bottles tend to stick open and I keep losing half a bottle of gas most times.I always keep to just one second bursts but Still keep getting a stuck nipple thru ice crystals jamming it in the open position and warm water doesn't free it up.so im thinking of getting a big bottle from the link some one put on another thread and a two stage guage,so is there an attachment from the two stage guage line that I can get to still use the S30 valves if not what is the alternative without changing my kegs?

I guess what im asking is can I replace the S30s in the KKs with something like this in the existing S30 hole in the cap,what would the thread dia of it be,would it be the same as an S30 thread?

quick disconnect male.JPG

How about putting a JG bulkhead fitting in the cap.

http://www.stonehelm.co.uk/Equipment/BeerLineandFittings/Speedfit3/8-3/8BulkheadConnector

Then you can connect 3/8 gas line direct to it and use a JG shut off valve if required.

http://www.stonehelm.co.uk/Equipment/BeerLineandFittings/Speedfit3/8ShutOffTap
im a bit thick here DA and don't really understand how by doing that that I can connect to a regulator outline,i have a spare female disconnect and assume I gas the cornie up by connecting it to the one the psi guage is attatched to at present,i want to be able to gas a plastic KK with a QD female,could you expand a little more please?

im a bit thick here DA and don't really understand how by doing that that I can connect to a regulator outline,i have a spare female disconnect and assume I gas the cornie up by connecting it to the one the psi guage is attatched to at present,i want to be able to gas a plastic KK with a QD female,could you expand a little more please?

I have added a couple of photos that may make a bit more sense.

I have assumed you have 3/8 gas line from the regulator.

DSCF6073.jpg

The line from the cap to the shutoff valve can be much shorter, this was just an odd bit I had lying about.
The shutoff valve allows you to disconnect the gas line (regulator side) without losing the gas in the keg.

For the corny the gas line should go direct from the regulator to the gas in post via a quick connect. Again you can get these with JG 3/8 fittings (or get the fittings separately).

DSCF6074.jpg

Not sure what regulator set up you have but I find it handy to have a couple of secondary regulators so you can set up different pressures.

Also does your S30 connector in the corny lid have one of the rubber band PRVs? If it does you may find it 'lifts' too early if you are force carbonating.

Hope this helps

Picture paints a thousand words. Has JG thanked you yet for making it possible for him to retire early?!!

Oh god, there was me thinking I've put his kids through school - between us they probably don't have to work!!!

I currently don't have a regulator DA,and am gassing with a S30cannister,the conundrum is if I get a larger gas bottle from air liquids and buy a reg how do I gas the cornie and the KKs from the SAME outline from the regulator

that's whats in a cornie isn't it?cant see how you can fit that into the KK S30 hole in the cap

The cap should fit between the upper and lower halves shown in the 4th picture. You may also need a couple of dowty washers to seal.
A lot depends on whether the thread is long enough.
And looking at it again you would probably have to add an extra O ring to compensate for the width of the cap.

Perhaps not such as easy fix as I first thought.
Going to buy one now just to see if it can be done (how sad am I :))

Yes the brass fitting screws on the S30 connector.
Exact connection of the plastic hose will depend on your regulator fittings but would fit on suitable sized barb connection.

So this delivered for £20 a reg for another £20 and a bottle of co2 from air liquids around £15 and I'm sorted, at least I can turn the gas off at the reg to save wasting it like with the s30 canister,and the gas will last a whole lot longer,I thank you sir

So this delivered for �£20 a reg for another �£20 and a bottle of co2 from air liquids around �£15 and I'm sorted, at least I can turn the gas off at the reg to save wasting it like with the s30 canister,and the gas will last a whole lot longer,I thank you sir

And you will be able to regulate the pressure whilst serving.

Latest posts

Back