King keg cap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxyjazz

Reaction score
Hi,

This christmas I'm putting a beer a beer in a king keg. I'm going to put it in tomorrow with some priming sugar, but I'm wondering whether I should put the standard cap with the pressure value on or the cap with the co2 bulb adaptor? Will it matter if I change them as I'm about to serve?

M

fwiw i would part drain the barrel then think about changing the cap if u have carb probs.....would be a shame to release all the co2 just to change the cap......u might want to get a cap spanner.....not easy things to remove if any residual pressure still present..

I've put Vaseline round the rim (sounds rude) so it should come off easily enough. I've used the keg before, but only as a FV never to actually serve the beer from.

M

just reading back over this.....are u sure its a king keg i thought the only options for them was cap with eiter bulp or cannister attachment?

It might just be a youngs pressure barrel actually. Haven't used it for a few years. I've just always called it a king keg

M

sounds more like the youngs....if ya cant get yer arm in it to clean it it prob is..KK have bigger caps...

good luck with yer brew

Latest posts

Back