Latest giveaway from Inkbird

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations -

jenivida

nobbyhigo

Thanks to MM for running the competition and to Inkbird for supplying the prizes. :thumb:

If anyone is disappointed they didn't win, but fancy a bit of a challenge, if your into electronics that is. Look up bogclivedotcom on YouTube. He has a video about a temperature relay switch kit you build yourself. Looks pretty good and rather cheap, even of you have to solder the thing together yourself. But I don't mind that ;-)

Some of his other videos about dangerous adapters, electrified shower heads etc are quite 'shocking' and entertaining at the same time

Congrats to the winners .
like every week on the lottery thought it was my time this time 😆

I admit that I wish I had won but knew that being the 1st to post I wouldn't win but if I had won it would have been a lazy way to control my brew compartment that I'm building.

To the winners! Inkbird have informed me that they have received your details, and that your prizes will be despatched in the next 24 hours. Please alow 5 - 15 days for delivery. They are looking forwards to the feedback!

MM

After being unsuccessful in this comp, I contacted Inkbird about the product and he offered me a good deal on one of these as long as I give my feedback both on here and on Amazon. I ordered it at about 3pm yesterday and, by the wonders of Amazon Prime membership it arrived about 45mins ago. It'll be at least a week (maybe 2) before I can try it out though!

I was unlucky in the draw but like Crocodile I received mine via Amazon Prime.

Questions, is the probe meant to sit in the wort or outside?

I have mine out but the control swings from heating to cooling and back again.

Maybe I need to bubble wrap it?

Cheers.

I was unlucky in the draw but like Crocodile I received mine via Amazon Prime.

Questions, is the probe meant to sit in the wort or outside?

I have mine out but the control swings from heating to cooling and back again.

Maybe I need to bubble wrap it?

Cheers.

I have mine taped to the side of the FV with some insulating material taped to the outside so that it is measuring the FV temp more than the outside air (bubble wrap would probably work too). It seems to maintain a pretty consistent temperature that way.

Thanks for that Logical, I have it totally wrapped in foam and seems ok now and seems not as affected by the heating/cooling overruns.

If that's not working I will try your idea, Ta!

Cheers

Sorry for the delay been away for a week but here goes
The inkbird arrived in the post well packaged in a outer and inner box with instructions .
After opening the box like a 5 year old on christmas day i was plesantly surprised how good the build quality is after plugging in it was set to 25 deg with 2 degrees of swing either side useing the settings was really simple to change to 20.5 deg with 1.5 deg swing .
I have now built a brew fridge with a greenhouse heater off ebay all seems to be working perfectly

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4979&stc=1&d=1458317550

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4979&stc=1&d=1458317745

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back