Everyones next planned brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stock to do the following. Not sure which order but the Pilsner is tomorrow

Bohemian Pilsner
Brown vanilla stout
Oatmeal stout.
Pattersbier.

Very likely to do another ipa with my Slovenian hops.

Oh interesting i love IPAs what hops are you planning on using :smile:

I've got my next 9 planned,though I'll only do the first before the end of summer. Some will be 2017 brews. I'll have too much beer otherwise (yes this is possible).

Here they are:

Riwaka Pilsner pale
Bramling cross + first gold bitter
Black IPA (an interesting one with choc rye, choc wheat, Pacific jade, bramling cross and Brewers gold)
Strawberry shortcake ale
Sorachi ace single hop pale
American wheat, though I may use noble hops so not sure what that will be
A hoegaarden style witbier
Clibits half hearted ale
Simcoe /mosaic rye

The bitter and back IPA will be 40pinters as I'll barrels them, the others more likely 10-15L. I've got all the recipes done and in Brewers friend app. I've also got most of the hops already (2015 harvest).

Nothing like forward planning! If I plan then I'm more likely to reuse yeast etc. plus I can't stop thinking about what I'd like to brew.

I have all the Slovenian hops left in stock, after winning the last comp I order a few more because I liked the sound of them. Planning a English IPA too. Freezer is full of hops at the moment.

Tomorrow I'm doing a young's American pale ale kit brew...after that I like the look of the st peters ruby red kit

Its going to be a stout for me next, 70% pale, 20% flaked barley, 4.5% black malt and 5.5% chocolate malt. Will us us05 yeast and ekg hops to get an ibu level of about 38.

After that something along the lines of an old golden hen clone with lots of galexy hops. :thumb:

I'm planning a brewdog albino squid clone then a RIS (from gh book) with a coffee and vanilla twist

Into 2nd week of fermentation for the RIS from greg hughes book. extract version with the dial set to 11 :-)

next up banana/bubblegum wheat beer.

need to find somewhere 25 degrees in the house to do it justice :lol:

Just done my 1st wheat on Saturday. Need to build up some stock so going to do an America iPa kit from love brewing to bolster the stocks. The mught try a lager now I have a way of controlling temperature.

This is my current pale.

image.jpg

Great to see peoples planned brews, think it offers options for those undecided too. For me I've already seen a few on here id like to give a try :)

Cheers
Jay

Strictly speaking any beer that uses lager yeast at ale temperatures (not any lager yeast though - must be California Lager yeast or similar otherwise you get funky flavours).

The one I have planned is a clone of this:
http://www.anchorbrewing.com/mobile/beer/anchor_steam

This. Steam Beer is another name for California Common. Anchor's Steam Beer is probably the best known of the commercial offerings available.
I will be using a specific California yeast and Northern brewer hops as is the style.

DA

Going to give a witbier a go belgian style with noble hops.. Then as we move to summer I will probably do a Rye Saison, possibly another wit with teh harvested yeast but this time I may for a change try and American wit

After that I dunno maybe another English type ale and a stout as we head into Autumn

Did Clibit's Centennial Brown Ale at the weekend and plan another either this or next weekend. Not sure what, but it's either a Scottish 80/- or a Milk Stout. That's my next 2, just not sure which one first.

Geterbrewed Breakfast Oatmeal Stout. I bought a kit as didn't want loads of speciality grains knocking about, but in hindsight it was a bit steep considering there's hardly any hops. It had better be good!

Latest posts

Back