The age of the average home brewer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 and been brewing for a couple years now. It's not the average age that surprises me but the 'length of hobby' that does, seems we don't really have many that have been brewing for years and years! Then again I haven't seen a few of the forum regulars post yet ;-)

I'll collect up the results and let you guys know but it does seem that most of us have always had an interest but in the past couple of years decides to give it a go. Maybe down to new home brew books perhaps?

The combined age of the 38 people who have posted so far is 1606 years. So that's an average of 42.26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't statistics wonderful
A few of us 60+ guys are in the tail of the normal distribution curve then!

I may be an outlier but I am not an out and out liar! my new signature!

I'm 28 and started when I was 25. I do feel like the young one on this forum...

33 here and been brewing since July.

9 brews for me. Only one bad batch I had to lose and two others I feel I could improve.

It's all fun! 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Most of us are late 20s to mid 40s
figure_1.png

I'm 44, been brewing properly since April of this year. Had a go at brewing kits 20 years ago, but they didn't taste good so gave up. Came back to it as I heard the kits were much better now, then got in to AG brewing after two kits thanks to this Forum :thumb:

Jas

46. My kids (i.e. my wife....but with my cash!) got me a Youngs homebrew set up for Father's Day. Been brewing with kits since. Each time I'm impressed. I tend to alternate between brewing with a Coopers kit as I know it will give a good result and experimenting with another brand.

Previously I used to work shifts and if I was still on shiftwork I would explore AG brewing. However with just the weekend to divide my time with brewing, family and United, I can't justify taking 6 hours out to brew.......maybe one day!

I am enjoying it and have learnt loads from this Forum.

Just about to turn 50 :-(

the Mrs got me a wherry starter kit about five years ago, I`m still on kits but with slight tweaks.

best advice? don't run with scissors and always wear clean pant in case you get run over.

best advice? don't run with scissors and always wear clean pant in case you get run over.

best advice? don't run with scissors and if you do always wear clean pant in case you trip. :wink:

Just about to turn 50 :-(

the Mrs got me a wherry starter kit about five years ago, I`m still on kits but with slight tweaks.

best advice? always tuck your vest in when it's cold :lol:

46. My kids (i.e. my wife....but with my cash!) got me a Youngs homebrew set up for Father's Day. Been brewing with kits since. Each time I'm impressed. I tend to alternate between brewing with a Coopers kit as I know it will give a good result and experimenting with another brand.

Previously I used to work shifts and if I was still on shiftwork I would explore AG brewing. However with just the weekend to divide my time with brewing, family and United, I can't justify taking 6 hours out to brew.......maybe one day!

I am enjoying it and have learnt loads from this Forum.

Try a stove top kit http://www.geterbrewed.com/stove-top-ingredient-kit-single-hop-series-ella/(5 litres).Stick a pot of water on at tea time and bring to around 75 degrees.Put the grains in a muslin bag or a clean pair of tights (ask her permission) and soak for an hour.Remove and sparge with a kettle of pre-boiled water of around 75 degrees.Place lid on pot.Next day after dinner bring pot to boil for one and add hop additions.Takes a max of 20 mins then to cool,place in FV,pitch yeast and you know the rest.Easy peasy:whistle:

Latest posts

Back