What did father Christmas bring you beer geeks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a £30 GEB voucher and a £20 Beer Hawk voucher. I have no idea what to get from Beer Hawk, it all looks good. I might get a glass as well as some interesting looking beers, but I feel I have to get bottles so I can reuse them.

As predicted.

Saw the YouTube vid yesterday, does it work? Essential or nice to have?

Me? Homer jimmies and a fly fishing rod to replace the one I smashed in summer time.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw the YouTube vid yesterday, does it work? Essential or nice to have?

Me? Homer jimmies and a fly fishing rod to replace the one I smashed in summer time.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it works. Essential no. More of a novelty thing. Ok if you make a brew that produces no head and you want one to show off to your mates.

My missus and the kids must have actually been listening to my hints for Christmas prezzies.

I have those glasses nice but be careful with them (son already smashed the stout one getting over excited on the computer.

Although I keep staring at that picture and all I see is what I can only describe as KKK shrouds for bottles??:lol:

I love all you married men who give "hints"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After an indeterminate number of years you will discover that SWMBO becomes hard of hearing ...
... and a few years after that, so deaf that "hints" have to be reinforced with "begging" ...
... and even then there is no guarantee that either will be noticed.
Keep using the "hint" method for as long as it keeps working for you, but in the meantime I suggest that you:
o Start putting away a small amount of money each month for when "the deafness" arrives and you have to rely on your own resources.
o Hide all new stuff so that when it is discovered, you can say "Oh, that! I've had that for ages." without telling a lie.

Happy New Year when it arrives! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I like your style Dutto...lots of sound, practical advice there. :thumb:

Ha! Ha! Dutto that the best advice I've seen!!
Tactical hinting got me no where! "I'll love a couple of new buckets for my 50th pet?"
Went on deaf ears! She was on about a holiday abroad (romantic!)
I said "ya can buy the brewbuckets, and and an new settee and still have a romantic weekend in uk and still save money!"
Think the hint is working! Specially the Jan sales round the corner!!
We shall see! Persistence is my game....

I got a winemaking book by C.J.Berry !!! Seems to be mentioned quite a bit on here.
And port, Gentleman Jack, Wolf Blass, Jim Beam and a sign for my bar (the garage)

Family clearly thinks Ive got a problem, they are right :doh:

I got some shiny! A 33l ss pot ready for a full extract brew tomorrow. Just need to make a chiller from some copper pipe (being a plumber is a bonus with this beer brewing lark).

I also got 8 bottles of Adnams explorer, a youngs 6 bottle merlot kit (this could be trouble), a Demi john and a carry bag for 9 bottles of beer.

All I can say to you gents is to get yourselves an Amazon wishlist. At least that way if anyone asks you can point them there.

Trying to explain the stuff I wanted to the family was a nightmare. Although it doesn't have every beer item I want at least I know I'm getting some stuff I want.

Which is why I'm a very happy man right now. Got an 80 bottle tree with bottler washer. My big 30litre hdpp bucket which I have since turned into a boiler this morning and 4 mini kegs.

Ironically I hinted at socks - thermal ones mind - to everyone as I'm sick of cold feet after early morning excursions to the woods. I received some Mason jars for harvesting yeast, three bottles of calvados and two bottles of rum (all off different people), the Joe Strummer biography and tickets to see Micky Flannagan.

Not one pair of socks!

I'm pretty chuffed with what I got for Christmas. My cousin runs a pub and has organised a brew day for us both at One Mile End Brewery. If I can convince him that I've got a recipe that will sell we might be able to brew one of my beers that he will sell in his pub.

I also got a £50 HBC voucher and a Thermapen calibrated digital thermometer, so I won't need to worry about how accurate my cheapo ikea one is.

I have those glasses nice but be careful with them (son already smashed the stout one getting over excited on the computer.

Although I keep staring at that picture and all I see is what I can only describe as KKK shrouds for bottles??:lol:

I think that's the point Cov that's why they are called yellow bellys (cowards) having a little dig at the KKK. putting all that aside this is one fantastic beer, one that lives up to all the hype. I need to brew something similar to this.

DSC_0338.jpg

All I can say to you gents is to get yourselves an Amazon wishlist. At least that way if anyone asks you can point them there.

Trying to explain the stuff I wanted to the family was a nightmare. Although it doesn't have every beer item I want at least I know I'm getting some stuff I want.

Which is why I'm a very happy man right now. Got an 80 bottle tree with bottler washer. My big 30litre hdpp bucket which I have since turned into a boiler this morning and 4 mini kegs.

I sent swmbo my Amazon wish list. Got nothin off it.

Nothing brew related from my dearest.

But that doesn't matter as she knows I just get what I want instead.

Ordered the remaining bits and 3 kegs from the maltmiller yesterday to build my kegerator fridge over the next few weeks. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before America took over "World Information Inc" the title "Yellowbelly" was a nickname for Lincolnshire folk ...

... and it had nothing to do with cowardice.

One version is that the nickname came about because some bright spark in the Royal North Lincolnshire Militia decided that wearing a uniform that included a bright yellow waistcoat would make perfect sense. :thumb:

Unfortunately, it also provided a useful target for opposition armies! :whistle:

There are a few other versions here ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowbelly_(Lincolnshire)

Enjoy! :thumb:

I hinted at a Grainfather factory/museum tour....in Auckland.....but I got:
(sing :)
"Three standard shirts"
" Two strange sweaters,"
"And some bot-tles of over-priced pee" :drunk:

Loads of craft beers, How to Brew by John Palmer (incredibly in depth by the way) and a couple of mini kegs.

All good!

Latest posts

Back