Home Brew Competition - June 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The category for May 17 is Saison

Style Guidelines:

Saison
(Includes Saisons, but not Brett-based Saisons or other beers made with sour wild yeasts)
Saisons should have an OG of between 1.040 and 1.065 for traditional styles, although modern variants can go up to 1.080. IBUs of 20-50 are typical. Hop additions should be used to balance any malt flavour. Saisons should be dry and well attenuated with a light body. Flavours typically come from yeast, although many saisons are flavoured with spices, fruit, herbs, vegetables, etc.. However, additional adjuncts should only enhance with background flavours and must not dominate. Saisons are highly carbonated.

You can see all style guidelines here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64366

Judge: @Razor

If you'd like to enter please send a PM to the judge who will provide you with a delivery address. Entries must reach the judge by Friday 30th June and feedback will be provided by PM within a few weeks. The winner will be announced on this thread.

For details of what details needs to be provided with your entry and competition rules please look at this thread: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64349

Not sure I'll have room in my brewing schedule... Will see what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think I have a couple of saisons knocking about I'd like to enter.

Mines been fermenting for two and a half months already and then I read "but not brett-based saisons" :oops:
My misses loves saisons so ill get something else going..

Looks like his last activity was January so he might not. I'll give it a week then we can find a new judge if we don't hear anything.

Edit: no it wasn't, stupid American date format!!!!

haha I hate it when that happens.

One of my favourite styles but looks like I won't get a chance to brew for this, in the middle of moving house so brewing is on hiatus :(

Looks like his last activity was January so he might not. I'll give it a week then we can find a new judge if we don't hear anything.

Edit: no it wasn't, stupid American date format!!!!

Hi guys I've been away for a while but I'm back now. I am still up for judging this months competition if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another entry arrived this morning but I've no idea who it belongs to. It's in a green Kopparberg bottle with no information attached.

Another entry arrived this morning but I've no idea who it belongs to. It's in a green Kopparberg bottle with no information attached.

Sorry that's mine, I was posting a load of eBay stuff that night and it's a miracle you got the beer and not some fishing stuff I was selling!

The beer is Saison NZ and its 6%

What's happened @Razor ? I believe you had two entries, a tasting and a good old hats off to us both would be nice:lol:

What's happened @Razor ? I believe you had two entries, a tasting and a good old hats off to us both would be nice:lol:

Yes 2 entries received, JFB and Henteaser. I'm planning to be tasting and giving feedback to you both this week.

Sorry for the wait guys. I meant to get this done earlier in the month but we had a death in the family.
Anyhow, SWMBO and I enjoyed tasting both these beers this evening so without further ado -

1st Place: @JFB - Saison NZ (luckily not fishing gear)
2nd Place @Henteaser - Citron Saison

Feedback will be forthcoming.
Thank you both for your entries and patience.
Congratulations.

Back