Lidl Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good job mate, I've go 24L of asda finest (well smart price) apple juice in the shed at the moment

intended to put it on last night with a WOW, but still have my spiced AJ clearing, so don't have room in my cupboard for 3 x 25L pots.. boo

Did you prime yours ? I think last time I made plain apple TC I primed it with a soft brown sugar solution - think it was alright ?!

Question: if you add sugar, will it still be cider (or strong cider as some US'ians insist naming it) or will it be apple wine? Because I don't know.

Question: if you add sugar, will it still be cider (or strong cider as some US'ians insist naming it) or will it be apple wine? Because I don't know.
I would call anything sub 10% abv cider (I made a 9%+ rocket fuel variety by mistake once when I got my sums wrong)

The results when drinking it like normal cider.. eg by the pint, weren't pretty haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It still tastes like cider with the extra sugar. I've made crab apple wine and that tastes like apple wine not like very strong cider.

No I don't prime @Roddy, using the malic acid as the carb' source now and whatever sugar and yeast is left when bottled.

Back