Anyone up for a secret-santa type swap for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late in posting this, should have done so a few weeks ago but there you go, I'm a habitual procrastinator.

So the idea is to see what sort of interest there is in a secret beer swap for the holidays, you anonymously send a beer to someone and you'll receive a mystery brew in return, though not from the same person in order to keep it secret. Then on or around Christmas a thread will be started for pictures and reviews. Actually the review isn't compulsory, just a brief comment about the beer will suffice. If you want to do more than one swap, even the same beer, then you can do so and you'll get a beer in return for each one you send :)

So if it sounds like something you might be interested in, then send me a PM with the title "Christmas swap" with your postal details and how many swaps you'd like to do. Then after the closing date I'll send you the address of your recipient. Last postal date for Christmas is 20th, but in order to give a few days settling I suggest the bottles should be posted out by 16th Dec at latest. Leave a comment also in this thread if you're in so we can see how much interest there is :thumb:

Closing date for entries will be 6th Dec, so two weeks from today. That will give plenty of time to get your bottle packed and posted.

Also, this is for all types of brewers, kit, extract, AG, beginners and old hands alike. And don't be put off by the mention of a review, this is more about tasting another brewers beer rather than having your beer critiqued, so don't be shy.

I would be up for it but only swapping with someone who had the same or similar packaging to what I (and generally most others) use.

I would be up for it but only swapping with someone who had the same or similar packaging to what I (and generally most others) use.

That's my worry, or should say concern. What do you all use to send bottles? Looking at using the centre from our drawing printer paper roll at work. Thick cardboard roll. Happy to use what's going to get the bottle wherever in one piece.

That's my worry, or should say concern. What do you all use to send bottles? Looking at using the centre from our drawing printer paper roll at work. Thick cardboard roll. Happy to use what's going to get the bottle wherever in one piece.

First forum comp I entered I finally returned the packaging from the judge sending me a bottle about a year before.

The second one, my Mrs has just received some make up she ordered online and the box and packaging was ideal (I added some newspaper just for some extra protection).

Any sort of box you can fit the bottle in, such as a shoe box, pringles tube, or even just a good wrapping of bubble wrap and cardboard will do the trick. I've been sending bottles for years and only ever lost one.

Pringles tube sounds ideal, if the printer tube don't work, we have loads at work

Hell yes I’m in ... need to overcome my brewing shyness !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far we have:
1. Strange-steve
2. Sdt7618
3. MickDundee
4. Leon103 (maybe)
5. IainM
6. DavidHatton
7. Martybhoy1980
8. pvt_ak
9. Ajhutch
10. Dexter101
11. Dan125
12. Badseed1974
13. Jceg316

Still plenty of time to get your name in!

Last edited:
I'm in too, sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for two swaps. This is a great idea, thanks for organising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back