Question about Priming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordChuggington

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently brewed a Kona Fire Rock clone recipe and bottled without priming - the recipe gave no instruction on this. I did prime 8 bottles out of the 40 with a single Coopers priming tab though, by way of experiement.

It's come to the day of judgement now, and I have to say that the primed beer is much, *much* better than the very flat alternative. I now have 32 bottles of non-primed beers which I don't much fancy drinking.

Here is my question: can I open, prime, and reseal the remaining bottles, or should I just pour the stuff away.

Thanks in advance

Ah ha this sounds like a very familiar problem I've experience (and I gather many others have too) with beer brewing instructions being really bad - and leaving out some really important steps!!

I can only assume the people writing these instructions are doing so while enjoying their own produce!

As the lad from Great Grimsby (nice to see it getting its real name, now to work on Kingston up on Hull) says open it prime it and forget for a while. Actually if your patience really holds (we are probably talking months) it will probably come into condition on it's own but I would prime it and not worry

Thanks everyone - I have done exactly that and will check in on it again in the next couple of weeks. I'm glad I actually mixed some with and without as I'd have wondered what the hell I'd done wrong if I hadn't primed any of them!

Latest posts

Back