Discounts and giveaways

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
First point - this is not aimed at specific individuals. We have sought and gained free kits etc from a number of suppliers as prizes and the only stipulation was feedback. From what I can see, we've had less than 50% replies. Fair enough if you don't want to, but we will not be supported by these again. So the bottom line is, please don't enter a competition if you haven't got the time or inclination to abide by the rules. To those who need to fulfil this obligation, please try and do so promptly. From now on, anyone entering such a competition (if we get any more) will need to be aware that if feedback is not given promptly they will a) be barred from entering any more competitions and b)possibly banned as members.

We went to great lengths to get these for you - please reciprocate.

I don't know whether Get Er Brewed need a review after I ordered using the 5% discount, but very quickly the order was as expected and delivered promptly and at a great price. (If they want more or need a review for their website, although I couldn't find a customer review section, I would be happy to oblige)

I was a very grateful recipient of some vouchers that purchased a Festival World Beer US Steam Beer kit.

I just have had other kits approach their sell by date over the last month, so it's coming up in the queue. I didn't realise it was part of the deal to brew it immediately? I plan to do a pictorial of by kit brew, and kindly plug the online homebrew shop who gifted the voucher.

The review of the end product will only be fair on the kit after a suitable conditioning period, surely?

Your competition didn't have feedback as part of it, as you could have spent your voucher on anything from bottles to books, or anything else, so don't worry! But thanks for checking. As for conditioning, you are absolutely correct, but feedback is just as much about process, packaging, instructions etc, so (and as you will see from the latest HBC competition) feedback is required in two stages, to allow for such.

Back