Wilko grape concentrate plus strawberry juice?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew2Day

Reaction score
If anyone has done something similar I want to know if it's worth getting a 900g grape concentrate and adding a little strawberry/peach juice - I'm thinking of trying to create a zinfandel type wine. Also I want to try and not add any sugar so would 900g of the concentrate be ok for 1 gal batch?

This concentrate has been discussed a few times, there is no information one the bottle to say the dilution rates so there may be no sugar content either.

I sent an email to wilkos yesterday asking about it, so I will post if I get a reply.
Last time I emailed them over a query they couldnt be more helpful so hopefully so will be their suppliers.

That's good to know.

I ended up getting their rose wine 6 bottle kit which I will try and pop on tonight and got some DX instead of the juice. If it works out ok I'll tinker with the next one.

Result, got an email back from wilko's today which says.
"The suppliers have come back to us this morning and advised the typical figure of carbohydrates of which is sugars in the grape juice concentrate is 58.7%".
so 528g per 900g tin.

That's good to know.

I ended up getting their rose wine 6 bottle kit which I will try and pop on tonight and got some DX instead of the juice. If it works out ok I'll tinker with the next one.

how did it go ?

Latest posts

Back