My dayoff! (brewday)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toredan

Reaction score
I just filled a bucket with 20L of Second2none's punch recipe. (peach!) Hit Lidl on the way home and picked up 20L of AJ for just over £9 and now looking for some inspiration! Could just chuck in some sugar, hit the 1.050 mark and ferment out but not sure I want 40 bottles of just plain cider. Should I ferment out and back sweeten with different things? :) Looking to bottle the lot once it's done, any nifty suggestions? Got a 25L bucket, 10L bucket and 2 DJs free atm so could mix it up I guess :P

I would wait until its finished then see if you like it or it needs something adding.

I'm liking a straight tc apple primed with a 440ml bottle of Lowicz syrup... raspberry is one I've done a coupla times and is pretty tasty 😃

I'm liking a straight tc apple primed with a 440ml bottle of Lowicz syrup... raspberry is one I've done a coupla times and is pretty tasty 😃
How big a batch would the 440ml do Roddy? I've seen a cherry version in my local Tesco.

I do mine in 25l batches, so would stick a whole bottle in, it seems like a lot of sugar but I like mine pretty fizzy, doesn't blow up either 😉

so 440ml into 25l carbs them up nicely? Decided to do with a 10L batch. First time I've used young's cider yeast instead of young's super yeast and I like (and am surprised) in the taste difference. Anyhoo, 17.6ml per litre gets me to 176ml of syrup for 10L. Did you sweeten with splenda Roddy?

Just opened one of these last night and I must say, it's really nice :) Thumbs up for Lowcaz! Thanks Roddy!

Just opened one of these last night and I must say, it's really nice :) Thumbs up for Lowcaz! Thanks Roddy!

Good news, It'll give you something to drink while you try and find out what is going wrong with the beer brewing.

Latest posts

Back