Yeast suggestion please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a new yeast to try and would welcome recommendations from the esteemed brewers here. :cool: That excludes you BS. :rofl:

I'm really happy with 1968 ESB or Thames Valley in my Strong ales. It really suits Shelob's Sting(ESB). I like London III in my Pale Ale's. It seems to compliment the use of lots of hops. I'm trying to find a yeast that will work well with my best bitters. I've been using Ringwood and London III but i think they aren't best suited to my brews or palate for this type of ale. And Ringwood is a PITA having to be roused and cajoled into fermenting my wort. Sometimes taking up to 14 days to get even close to finishing. If Ringwood wasn't so lazy i'd probably stick with that as i quite like the flavour profile in Bests.

I've only used Wyeast so far. Haven't tried White labs yet. I've tried lots of dried yeasts but much prefer liquid yeast for it's more complex flavours.

So come on and throw some suggestions at me please. :thumb:

MEB said:
That excludes you BS. :rofl:

28.gif

:lol:

SHE has gone to bed with a headache so i reckon i can sneak an order into Ross. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back