Wilko sweet newkie brown

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperscrazy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Have any of u brewed the above? If so would you recommend? I also fancied wherry. Thanks

I've got a one of these in my queue, which doesn't really help you. :lol:

I did take a look at the reviews on the Wilko website before I bought it and they're all very positive.

I've got a wherry on at the minute, general consensus seems it wise to ferment at a higher temperature than usual or you run the risk of it getting stuck. I done mine at 20 and it stuck, ramped temp up to 24 and away it went again.

Morning all, i have brewed the wilko sweet newkie brown 4 or 5 times i normally use medium spray malt and 400gms of brewing sugar and left a minimum 6 - 8 weeks this is one of my favourite brews, never had a bad one and at the price you cant complain, in fact i like it better than a lot of the two can kits that i have done, obviously that does not mean its everybodys tipple but i like it. to give it a different taste last time i used 500gms medium spray malt and 500gms of wheat spray malt and it turned out really nice but i do like my wheat beers.

Been drinking a brew from a King Keg for the last couple of weeks used 500g of medium spray malt and a kilo of brewing sugar, turned out to be really drinkable definately one to be brewed again!

I cracked open my first bottle of this a day or so ago. After sitting in the bottle for a Fortnight.

I brewed up the Can with 1kg of BKE & 500 grams of Dark Spray Malt. Using Safale S04 yeast. The taste is lovely, albeit a bit malty still on the initial smell... a few more weeks should do it the world of good I hope!

Hi cooperscrazy there is no set time dont believe the instructions it depends on a few factors, but trust your hydrometer, as a rule i dont look at mine till at least 2 weeks normally 3 weeks before it gets bottled.

Hi all,my wife just tried this kit out( her first ever brew )she added 1/2 kg of Munson's enhancer, 1kg of brewing sugar, 1/2kg of fair trade dark muscavado sugar,454g of treacle and approx 50g of coco powder. SG is 1560 so should be a fair brew for xmas. What do you guys think?

i agree coopers. I put a kit on last weekend (sunday afternoon) and it been sat in the dining room at about 20 - 21degrees. I havent lifted the lid as yet but i am tempted to slip a brew belt on it for a few days, especially after the comments earlier in the thread about doing it at a warmer temperature? I did get it on late and i am trying to speed it up to get it into a barrell for xmas day. Probably being very ambitious but its only me on it so i will be able to leave the remaining a few more weeks if needed!

Also put some cider on which is 16l of 100% apple juice (clear) and 8l of cloudy. added yeast and yeast nutrient, pectolase, 950g of golden syrup and a 5 teabag cup of tea for the tannin. done it before and its like nectar. lethal stuff! last batch was about 12% according to the hydrometer readings....i'll post an update when i rack it off.

planning to try some proper home made stuff in the new year and buy hops etc. seen a good book in lakeland but if anyone can recommend a better idiots buide to brewing then let me know.

Seems to be a lot of the old sweet stuff in there legojohn

I made a coopers stout and used treacle, golden syrup, muscovado as well as enhancer and brew sugar and its strong and tastes fantastic lol

Think by better half is planing kick my butt with this brew. Do you think it may be a tad sweet or strong enough to run a car on. She wanted to make a xmas type brew

Back