Transfer from PB to Corny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spook123_uk

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've got around 15 litres of young APA sat in a cheap pressure barrel at the moment. Trouble is, it keeps losing pressure.. I'm able to keep the pressure up with co2 bulbs but it's definitely losing from somewhere as after every 2 or 3 pints, it needs re-charging.

I've recently acquired a couple of cornelius kegs and I'm turning my big fridge into a kegerator ready for my next brew that's in primary at the moment.

What's the risk of infection in transferring the beer from my leaky PB into a corney keg and then dispensing from there?
I'm thinking I could purge the corney with co2 to get rid of oxygen and then syphon from the PB straight in then seal, pressurise and purge out the gas in the headspace to make sure.
My brew's a little flat so so I could even force carb a little.

Cheers,
Rich

It seems logical in my head but I'm very new to all this and am waiting for the "NOOO, you'll ruin the batch by transferring" replies (which I'm sure would be very valid given the knowledge on here!)

Rich

Back