Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunglebrewsbeer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Morning all

Having just made my first extract recipe a Ruby Mild from Graham Wheelers Real Ale book and very pleased with how it has turned out. I am planning my next one to do soon. I do like Timmy T Landlord and wondered if anyone has made this extract recipe from the book and if so is it like the real thing?

Hi if you dont mind me asking what was the recipe as i brewed a tt landlord 19ltr biab from the camras brew your own british real ale book.It looked nothing like it nor did it taste anything like it :oops:
Regards Steve

Hi if you dont mind me asking what was the recipe as i brewed a tt landlord 19ltr biab from the camras brew your own british real ale book.It looked nothing like it nor did it taste anything like it :oops:
Regards Steve

I have brewed it from the book as well. It was a good bitter, but lacked that certain Landlord bite. The big problem for the home brewer is that we cannot get the Timothy Taylor yeast. It's the yeast esters and flavours that tip the balance.

But it's worth making? What yeast did you use? I've done the Ruby Mild from this book. My first extract beer. Was impressed with that.

But it's worth making? What yeast did you use? I've done the Ruby Mild from this book. My first extract beer. Was impressed with that.

Well worth making. My default yeast is Safale S-04. This always gives a good return and very easy to use.

+1 Chadstuck

Made this twice with Nottingham yeast. Never compared side by side with the original to be fair but well worth brewing :)

Quite new to all this. But loving tinkering rather than just using kits. Used Gervin yeast on one I made. Not sure what that does but someone advised on that. I shall the one you say next though. Or Nottingham as have heard that one mentioned a few times. I take it I can just lob it in and don't have to mess around with starters.

I've lobbed it in before but they recommend rehydrating in some warm water first with Nottingham (it's a dry yeast like S04)

SO4 can go straight in. Just sprinkle over all the top. Make sure the temperature of the wort is around 20 deg C. Before you sprinkle on the yeast give the wort a through stir until your arms are dropping off. Aeration at this stage is vital.

The big problem for the home brewer is that we cannot get the Timothy Taylor yeast. It's the yeast esters and flavours that tip the balance.

Actually Wyeast 1469 is said to be Timmy Taylor's yeast.

I've not used it but krausen not sinking isn't really an issue I don't think.

It's a highly rated yeast. Will cost a bit, but you can re-use it.

Yes, in a beer around 1040 OG you can just lob it in. In stronger beers, certainly above 1050, you are advised to make a starter to boost the yeast count. Or reduce the batch size.

Latest posts

Back