Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just break the inner sealed nutrient pack.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvch26L0_Lw[/ame]

I would stick to the EKG and use the WGV in another recipe. You could use them instead of the Northern Brewer/Northdown for bittering in the pale ale recipe I posted, for example. Increase the quantity, WGV have lower alpha acid content than those two, the acids which provide the bitterness..

Right. This landlord recipe States for 25l lob 2980g DME. If I order a 3kg bag and just dump it all in to save sterilising and fafing with scales will it make that much difference? Also from weighing it in last brew I lost bits of it that stuck in the bags and pots I weighed in. So I estimate that due to loss still stuck in bag. I'll be around the desired ammount anyway?

Brew day tomoz. Yippee!! Two quick questions. The yeast currently in packet in fridge. Is it best to get out over night to warm a little before smacking it to get it going or just leave in and get out in the morning? 2nd. Some of the hops I'm using are currently in freezer from last brew. Do I need to get them out or can I lob them in Frozen tomoz and let them defrost as they boil away?

Happy days. My station is all set up. Much to Mrs Bungles joy!! Recipe States 3g Irish moss for last 10min. Don't have any but can nip get some first thing. Any issue not doing so?

Irish moss helps improve clarity when you use grain. The higher the percentage of grain in the recipe the more necessary it is. I've made clear beers without it. But I use it cos it does work. Not needed in extract beers.

Latest posts

Back