Corny kegs for £34.95

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clibit

Reaction score
The Home Brew Company has refurbished 19L corny kegs (ball lock type) on their site for £34.95. I've never seen corny kegs for a price like this before. They are arriving in May and you can place an advanced order now.

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...ms-c-2_25.html

It's a one-off batch, they won't be around for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for some of these to buy so this is extremely timely thanks!
Just placed an order for a couple, but I'm hoping these are the ones with the Pressure Release Valves.
If not, I may need to cancel.

dont cancel. just drill the lid and put a car tyre valve in. you can purge them that way. very easy and cheap. it not as if you fementing in them so wont go to the hi psi they hold. 15 - 20 psi is probably the highest you will go and thats if your force carbing. serving psi is way below that.

Mick, Jonny,
Thanks for your replies. It's useful to know in future I can install these myself, but glad these come with them.

Simon,
If you're asking about Pressure Release Valves, they are normally used to prevent the excess build of gas pressure. However, they are useful for purging oxygen that could spoil your brews.
If you're asking about the kegs, well, there's probably no finer way to simplify bulk storing racked brews for serving :)

Don't mess about if you are interested in getting one of these. I can't see them being around for long.

Any advice on what bits needed to set it all up, and where to get it? Is there a 'starter' kit available or is it just as cost effective to buy the bits individually?

Just ordered one. This is in advance of my graduation into AG, but figured get one now whilst they are at this great price!

Brilliant. I've been away all week, and when I got back, two corny kegs were sitting in my hallway! Hmmm. Now to decide which beer to brew to christen them with [emoji481]

Same here, a much earlier than expected delivery. I'm most pleased.
Looking forward to my batch of Youngs APA completing its fermentation. Should give me enough time to get my other kegging bits ready! :)

Think mine is already on its way!
I ordered an in and out disconnect too.
Not sure what else I need. Obviously some sort of serving tap, but can I get away with a mini C02 thing (similar to bike puncture kit ones) instead of a full size cylinder. I don't mind using some sugar to carbonate if needed.

If using sugar to carbonate just be aware that the lids do not always offer a gas tight seal at low pressure. One of mine needs about 10 psi quickly to seal fully.
And your first few pints may be cloudy as extra sediment is picked up as they dispense from the bottom of the keg.

I'm really tempted to get one of these, but I'm so new to the hobby...! I don't have a spare fridge (yet!) and my main fridge is always full with food (cooking is another passion of mine) so I can't really justify removing all the food just to cool down a keg. Question is, if I bought one now, how long could I store beer in it without having to keep it in a fridge?

Also, would it be ok to stick it in a large bin full of ice for summer BBQs and in the highly unlikely chance that it all doesn't get drunk in one go, will moving it back to a room temperature location be ok for the beer?

Another question re these kegs. As it draws from the very bottom, there isn,t much room for any of the dregs that a regular bottom-tap plastic barrel has. So, I guess some additional filtering is required when racking - any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back