The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled a Kolsch. Used 2 packs at 15c and sample is very promising. Loving the US pale ale yeast as well. It's 90% clear no cold crash or finings. I have a Mild carbing up now made with the English yeast. Again sample was very promising for a 3.4% beer.

Just about to use the US Pale,pleased with the Kolsch yeast and will be ordering more up:thumb:
Well,just as with the Kolsch,the Pale has got off really fast. Re-hydrated both yeasts.

Just ordered 3 of the California common and 3 US pale for £7.00

Bargain, would have cost over £15.00 to go with MJ or fermentis

Shall see what they're like :)

Just about to use the US Pale,pleased with the Kolsch yeast and will be ordering more up:thumb:
Well,just as with the Kolsch,the Pale has got off really fast. Re-hydrated both yeasts.

Next up will be the Belgium:thumb:

I have a 19l batch on the go using the kristalweizen yeast.

I used 1 pkt rehydrated and have fermented at the top end of the temp scale. Very fast take off, fermented pretty quick. Now at day 5 and have 74% attenuation. May drop another point or two but either way i am pretty happy as i was hoping for 75% attenuation.

It definitely has some hefeweizen character about it and I reckon it's probably going to be a decent brew. SG was 1.053.

Just tried my second pseudo lager brewed with the Kolsch yeast and hopped with Styrian Goldings,really good,will be brewing it again for sure.
Excellent yeast's:thumb:

Do you mean M42 or M44?

Have I stumbled upon the 'motorway thread' by mistake? (sorry!). Can't believe how cheap their yeast is, if it's as good as the reviews on here suggest it is. Expecting 3 packs of US Pale and 2 packs Real Ale yeast tomorrow in time for the weekend's brew. And yes I got the amusing email following my order!

Just tried my second pseudo lager brewed with the Kolsch yeast and hopped with Styrian Goldings,really good,will be brewing it again for sure.
Excellent yeast's:thumb:

Mine has also come out really well. Brewed 5th February and its very drinkable. I did a second fermented at 15c with 2 packs of Yeast and that went of like the clappers.Did you use finings? I did but i doubt its necessary. Going to do a rye Kolsch next with citra and amarillo.

Mine has also come out really well. Brewed 5th February and its very drinkable. I did a second fermented at 15c with 2 packs of Yeast and that went of like the clappers.Did you use finings? I did but i doubt its necessary. Going to do a rye Kolsch next with citra and amarillo.
B.C ,no i just racked it off,left it for 4 days and bottled.:thumb:

Just bought some of the Real Ale yeast to put in a Bitter next week. I also note it has an upper temp of 25C which is just what I'm looking for too as I have two FV but only one brew bag so have to free ferment the second FV. I was considering buying some Wyeast 1335 as that has an upper temp of 24C but if this is any good I'll harverst some trub and over build a starter with it.

Cripes! I brewed with their US Pale at the weekend - took 5 hours for the rehydrated yeast to take off and now, 30 hours later, it's noticeably slowing down. Looking good so far...

Got some more Kolsch and US Pale yesterday and have a brew on the go right now, something very loosly along the lines of a brewdog beer and calling it Nun Attack:mrgreen:.
Must try the other yeasts from them:thumb:Good service and they stuck a US recipie in as well

Ye I forgot, mine came with a recipe appropriate for the yeast I bought. A nice touch along with the great service and price. If the ale turns out good they'll have all my future yeast orders. Next stop - hops!

Drinking a Kolsch earlier. Its come out really well. 4 weeks old.
:thumb:Excellent. The two brews i did with Kolsch yeast have turned out ok. First one with saaz hops is fine if a tad bland,second one i used Styrian Goldings and it's really good:)

Latest posts

Back