The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Chernobyl on sky the other day. Pretty powerful stuff.
Don’t know if it’s available elsewhere, I use dads sky go account.

I really want to watch that but don't have Sky. Hopefully it will appear elsewhere in due course.

The Sinner is a very good watch.

I really enjoyed both series of The Sinner - very good.

As this has been bumped....

Enjoyed Bodyguard on BBC1 though it would seem like everyone watched it anyway :)

Off the back of that someone said about Killing Eve on the iPlayer. Several episodes into that now and it's pretty good.

Now watching series 2 of Killing Eve, got good potential so far.

Recent watches have been MotherFatherSon which was pretty good I thought despite Sarah Lancashire's terrible acting.

Also watched The Virtues, that was dark but very good! Stephen Graham is such a good actor in those sorts of roles. Makes you question how much you're drinking somewhat too :eek:

Last edited:
Recently went back and watched the first four series of Line of Duty. Like most Police dramas, it stretches belief slightly at times, but I have to say it is brilliantly done. I'd recommend it to anyone with an interest in crime dramas. Will watch series 5 when it arrives on Netflix.

I think this is the first mention of Line of Duty on this thread but I think it’s brilliant. We started watching it on Netflix earlier this year and I’d never heard of it but we loved it and by the time we finished we realised it was also quite popular and that Series 5 was hotly anticipated on the BBC. The only trouble was that having been used to being able to binge it on Netflix, we had to wait for every Sunday evening!

I’ll be interested to see the Catch 22 series from HBO which is starting on Channel 4 tonight. It’s had a big budget and some big names so I hope it’s good as I love the book.

I've been watching the first two or three seasons of Hill Street Blues on Youtube and it brought back memories but I cringed at how racist ans sexist it was. Then I remembered that's just how society was in the 80's and how much it's changed (Trump and Farage excepted).

Recently finished Chernobyl. I thought it was some of the best TV drama I've seen for a long while. Fairly harrowing in places and pretty dark throughout, but briiliantly done.

Very late to the party, but am finally working my way through Peaky Blinders. Will finish season 2 tonight and really enjoying it. Just another 4 seasons to go!

Mini series The Night Manager - really good with Tom Hiddleston

Started watching Expanse - season 2 now, not bad at all.

New BBC series The Capture

Marianne on Netflix. It's that time of year when I get a craving for some spooky telly. This is a French language show with subtitles. Presumably you can make Netflix give you an overdubbed version too. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but enjoying it so far

Back