Means testing the state pension a possibility?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had a pensions forecast? I had mine 2/3 years back and think it said ��£140 and I contracted out of serps for 18 odd years,mines due next August

Yes I've had the forcast. Mine is a bit less than yours because I worked for company and paid into their pension scheme. I'm told I paid a bit less N.I. when I was working and therefore I get less state pension.

Get an up to date quote and then add 2.5% to allow for next april's rise, should be a pleasant surprise. :thumb:

Just an explanation, re current Govt spending and economic theory. See:
http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1113/concepts/keynesianism-vs-monetarism/

1900's theories still blindly applied to 22nd century fiscal planning,,,,

Now surprisingly to compound the problems, we are now living longer than expected, so it results in an even bigger pension gap and NHS drain.

Damm us all old fookers that just won't do the proper thing and expire,,,,, :thumb: Brew on!

My ex worked in social policy did her masters in working pensions and all that , never really understood her job if I was honest I know she did some work for Gordon Brown and she told me back in 2005 state pension will not exist in years to come its completely unsustainable..

My ex worked in social policy did her masters in working pensions and all that , never really understood her job if I was honest I know she did some work for Gordon Brown and she told me back in 2005 state pension will not exist in years to come its completely unsustainable..
Was that your ex that was unsustainable?:whistle:

Latest posts

Back