Bus-push jogger suspect arrested

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope its him and they don't just give him a small fine if the bus driver had glanced at his off side mirror he could easily have not seen her and run over her head.

Putney Bridge bus-push jogger suspect arrested

Police hunting a jogger who appeared to push a woman into the path of a bus on Putney Bridge have arrested a man.

The Met Police said a 41-year-old was detained at an address in Chelsea on Thursday morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

The arrest comes after CCTV footage was released that showed the woman, 33, narrowly avoid serious injury due to the bus driver's quick reactions.

The suspect is in custody at a south London police station, the Met said.

On Wednesday, the force said it had received a "huge response" to its appeal for information.

CCTV of the incident, which happened on 5 May, was issued earlier in the week in an effort to trace the jogger after police attempts to establish his identity had failed.

The footage shows a man barging the woman to the ground and off the pavement, into the road.

The bus can then be seen swerving to avoid the woman's head.

Afterwards the driver stopped the bus, at which point several passengers got off and went to help the victim.

About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge.

The woman, who received minor injuries, tried to speak to him but he did not acknowledge her and carried on jogging.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuHrVhykD4[/ame]

I have watched the video several times and still cannot understand why he did it there was plenty of room and it looks like he moved towards her deliberately when if he had kept going in a straight line he would have passed her without contact.

At the very least he should be charged with attempted murder.

One thing i find strange is he ran back over the bridge after shoving her she talked to him and no one took a decent picture of him, all the police have to go on is this -

covy4oz6vbv5hykdog0b.jpg

ok from that angle you can't see if he is wearing headphones, earbuds whatever. He may not have heard the approaching bus and he didn't see it. I am not sticking up for the stupid tw*t - who the hell does that, he's probably a bit unhinged but attempted murder no. I think gbh is about right** and in the unfortunate case of a fatality it would be manslaughter.

** if you push someone on a pavement rather than say on grass the consequences of hitting the ground are greater.

He could easily have run around her - the mind boggles at such behavior.

Although today I was overtaken by a driver that then slammed his brakes on as the pillock decided it would not be a good idea to meet a ranger rover head on , lets run the cyclist into a parked car. you have one guess as to the make of the car :-(

unfortunately there are plenty of callous tw*ts in the world. lets hope they meet up with each other more often than the general law abiding public and they end up canceling each other out.

here's a clue.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZvHdd4iRi0[/ame]

ok from that angle you can't see if he is wearing headphones, earbuds whatever. He may not have heard the approaching bus and he didn't see it. I am not sticking up for the stupid tw*t - who the hell does that, he's probably a bit unhinged but attempted murder no. I think gbh is about right** and in the unfortunate case of a fatality it would be manslaughter.

** if you push someone on a pavement rather than say on grass the consequences of hitting the ground are greater.

He could easily have run around her - the mind boggles at such behavior.

Although today I was overtaken by a driver that then slammed his brakes on as the pillock decided it would not be a good idea to meet a ranger rover head on , lets run the cyclist into a parked car. you have one guess as to the make of the car :-(

unfortunately there are plenty of callous tw*ts in the world. lets hope they meet up with each other more often than the general law abiding public and they end up canceling each other out.

here's a clue.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZvHdd4iRi0

First guess BMW
Second guess Audi

First guess BMW
Second guess Audi

Something I've noticed a lot more recently, to that list you can add Merc and VW drivers, is it something about German made cars that attract the idiots who no matter what speed you are doing they have to overtake regardless.

I watched the replay of that brief sequence a few times and initially felt that the woman may have deviated slightly into the path of the jogger, due to looking at a phone or something.

Now. I have done a lot of jogging and even running (2:38 marathon in 1991) and the last thing on earth you want as the actual jogger is contact with something as big and heavy as an actual, even slight, person. If you are out running, you look about 20-30m ahead, anticipate problems with cars, dogs, pedestrians etc., almost sub-consciously and sort of drift into the available space accordingly. No runner ever ran better for running into anything.

Our man on the video did not do these things, but very clearly had the opportunity.

A later development is that the man arrested, described as a "fitness fanatic aged 41" has an alibi involving transatlantic flights.

A comparison of his running style and that of the man in the video would be more conclusive than the poor facial features, as it is usually possible to identify every runner you know from your club, solely by this running action. Maybe not as individual as fingerprints, but a very good indicator of identity.

The suspect is an American city millionaire who categorically denies even being in the country when the incident occurred. The onus is on him to prove it like plane
tickets,booking stub etc

The suspect is an American city millionaire who categorically denies even being in the country when the incident occurred. The onus is on him to prove it like plane
tickets,booking stub etc

Immigration records will be the conclusive proof.

Back