Anyone use Brew Uk?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As simple as the title really,I'm going to order grains and hops for a few brews but not sure where to go,I like the fact the crushed grains are in handy 1kg bags but probably paying for it 😉
Any experience using them?
Thanks

Yeah I've used them. Not that often, because they are a bit expensive, but when they have a yeast or something I can't find elsewhere. Good service. Always the right items and packaged correctly.

Yep, I use them and never had a problem, good range of stuff and good prices too.
I order online and pick up from their shop so pretty easy and they've never got an order wrong.
Another good thing is that you can use the 'live chat' on the website if you have any questions..........:thumb:

Decent range and all but they've been a sight more expensive than every other supplier I've used.

I use them alot, mainly because is free P&P over £65. I keep adding anything I want to the basket and leave it until over £65 then place the order. Everything has arrived quickly and well packaged

Ive used BrewUK a lot but finding them a little expensive, but their range is enormous and they are very helpful. Also products well packed

I use them the majority of the time. Always buy in bulk to take advantage of the free delivery over £65 which is the equivalent to a 100g bag of hops. Quick turn around of order and very helpful over the website chat or getting an email back from Greg. He has even created recipes for me when I asked for help. They have a loyalty scheme too. I have had a couple of picking errors but have always been rectified immediately.

I use them all the time for equipment, I highly rate them always well packaged and prompt delivery. The Malt Miller has a really good reputation for grains.

I bought my mini kegs from them. Decent service nothing to complain about.

As an aside to you guys that buy £65+ to take advantage of free postage, what on earth are you buying? Kits I can understands as t doesnt take many to get to £65 but if your and AG brew what do you buy? A 25kg sack is twenty odd quid, some specialty malts and a few bags of hops. That's not going to get you to £65 unless you're buy a lot of specialty malts and hops?

As an aside to you guys that buy �£65+ to take advantage of free postage, what on earth are you buying? Kits I can understands as t doesnt take many to get to �£65 but if your and AG brew what do you buy? A 25kg sack is twenty odd quid, some specialty malts and a few bags of hops. That's not going to get you to �£65 unless you're buy a lot of specialty malts and hops?

HOPS:doh::doh:

Who is your "go to" supplier? 👍

Worcester Hop Shop is my go to supplier - great, if slightly narrow offer.

But they do mainly English Hops, Malts and a bit more perhaps. And they ain't your gig.

The Eire suppliers do not have to levy VAT on "exports". Anyone with a HBC invoice could see this immediately (but perhaps they have not noticed?).

So if you want those sort of very expensive US "C" hops, that could be a good bet, mate.

Plus, Sean at HBC has never let me down.

As an aside to you guys that buy �£65+ to take advantage of free postage, what on earth are you buying? Kits I can understands as t doesnt take many to get to �£65 but if your and AG brew what do you buy? A 25kg sack is twenty odd quid, some specialty malts and a few bags of hops. That's not going to get you to �£65 unless you're buy a lot of specialty malts and hops?

Oh, it is definitely possible, but I did buy 17 x 100g of slightly aged hops.

And yes, that was seventeen - no misprint nor typo.

And I did buy cleaning stuff for the GF and all things alike.

I like a bargain, whether it saves me money or not. :lol:

Yeast is £7 a pop although i am paying that for 10 packs now. Does not take me long to rack up £65 and they deliver up to 30kg for that.

The Maltmiller. They aren't the cheapest but they're competitive, their recipe maker is the most user-friendly of all the other suppliers I've found and their customer service is second to none.

I like MM too, good range of high quality ingredients and they ship really quickly.

In the end I went with the homebrew company,forgot the discount 😱
Thanks for replies anyway 👍

IMG_0995.jpg

Back