HBC English Pale Ale All Grain Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieDS

Regular.
Reaction score
For my first ever AG I wanted something fairly straight forward so I bought this kit, all the grain pre-measured and the hops separated with the boil times written on them. Nice and easy.
As for the beer, mine has been in the bottles for about 4 weeks now and it is delicious. I could easily drain the lot but i want to keep conditioning it for another month or so cos I know it'll get even better.
Because I am a noob I left the hop bag in the cooling wort for much too long (about 4 hrs!) and when I tasted the beer on bottling day it was extremely bitter, with a strong floral aroma. Quite unpleasant, but thankfully time heals all and the bitterness has mellowed and the hoppy aroma has become softer and very pleasant.

It now has a lovely balance of sweetness and bitterness, a slight biscuity flavour and a long hoppy finish which is very nice indeed.
I would recommend this kit to anyone, especially a beginner like myself as an easy place to start AG brewing.

In case anyone is interested I've listed the recipe and ingredients for this below because it doesn't give an exact recipe anywhere, on the website or in the instructions which came with it.

5.2kg maris otter
0.2kg wheat malt
0.2kg biscuit malt
0.12kg crystal 80L
0.1kg crystal 110L

43g challenger @ 60 mins
43g fuggles @ 10 mins
43g east kent goldings @ 0 mins

Safale US-05

Latest posts

Back