Ayrshire noob here lol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thetomo

Reaction score
Hi all jst started first kit got for father's day red so much stuff head is pickled. Prolly need help got it going but airlock doing nothing only been on since 30/6. At 7pm. Og was 1043 now cos panic set in test says 1010 I kno only couple days but shear panic. Lolol. Anyway hello from sunny ayrshire 😀

Hello there from another noob Scot.
I wouldn't worry too much about the airlock not bubbling, as long as you can see foam starting to form in the fv. The fv may not be fully airtight, but if you press the lid and bubbles appear in the airlock it should be fine.
From what I have read, the co2 in the fv will keep the air away from the fermentation. CO2 is heavier than air. Nasty organisms shouldn't get much of a hold without oxygen.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum.

If its in a bucket don't worry many are not airtight, the hydrometer will tell you when it's finished.

Yeah is a bucket and if I press lid which is blotted up bubbles come out I also cos ov heat have rapped in wet towles and ma girl is doing that while am at work. Can't see thru tub to see foam on top but it has a ring around top about 2/3 inches hi. Jst leave it alone till Tuesday n do some readings on it aye?

Sounds about right. The buckets don't seem to seal all that well. As long as the CO2 layer prevents oxygen getting at the good stuff it should be fine.
When I was brewing wine, I never used an airlock on my primary fermenter. Just snapped the lid on and let it go.

Ahhh cool cool. Al let it go and see what happens in mean time av orderd more kits and hops yeast spraymalt n stuff star San n that need get more buckets or barrels or something. What's kind ov best buckets n stuff muka cos a don't have a clue..... This one just a bucket with tap hole and airlock hole would like to get a good few going if this fails I ain't no quiter jst makes me more determined to do it lol. It's just coopers lager and coppers enhancement 2 and yeast pure basic aspose but got to start at the begging. wish there was someone close to me that could help but don't kno anyone lol. My dad did beers wines etc etc fir absolute years... But if I ask him He call me a useless fanny so Al no bother lolol

Back