American oaked rum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you guys think of this one? I kegged mine recently and tried a small sample (literally two mouthfuls) this evening. Wow! It is astonishing, so it should be incredible after a few months have passed. Really strong, complex flavour with a rum kick!

It gets better with age. Mine's been in the keg since January and it started to get really nice about a month ago

I'm tempted to give this a go as I love I&G 😁

However I was thinking of adding the oak chips into a muslin bag to contain them. As I don't like the idea of having to filter it out as I to will be bottling from my FV.

How long should it condition for, is a month long enough?

I'm tempted to give this a go as I love I&G ������

However I was thinking of adding the oak chips into a muslin bag to contain them. As I don't like the idea of having to filter it out as I to will be bottling from my FV.

How long should it condition for, is a month long enough?

You don't really need to filter as the chips are quite powdery and sink to the bottom in the trub.

I found a long condition really helped. Its drinkable after a month but gets better after two

Thread resurrection.

Is there a definitive answer to filtering the wood chips as they haven't sunk to the bottom?

I'm going to syphon into a spare FV for my batch prime then tap straight into bottles with a wand. I really don't want wood chips floating around in the bottle.

Thread resurrection.

Is there a definitive answer to filtering the wood chips as they haven't sunk to the bottom?

I'm going to syphon into a spare FV for my batch prime then tap straight into bottles with a wand. I really don't want wood chips floating around in the bottle.

Don't know if there's a definitive answer (and also I have never used wood chips) but if they're floating on the top just do as your intending to do an wrack from below into a bottling bucket. I've done this before when I got mould on top of a brew and it works well

Waste of £25 had a problem with over carbonation and big bits of lumps of yeast floating in it.. just about drinkable after a lot of bottle changing chilling and messing around.. I'd avoid

Latest posts

Back