Wilko hop & cheer IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done! Put all the pellets into the french press then added some cooled boiled water left for 40 mins, plunged then poured off the tea to cool. Spooned the remaining hop sludge into a hopsock,(waste not. ....!) then put tea and sock carefully into fermenter. Wow!!! What an aroma! Will post results when ready:thumb:

Well it turned out very nice indeed!! Refreshing and good hop hit.
My next batch is a kit from THE RANGE, IPA, 40 pint kit on offer at the moment for £14.99, comes with a pack of apollo hop pellets, but ive also added a pack of amarillo hop pellets... Smells very interesting already!

Just cracked my first bottle of this and its an awful kit brewed straight,hops? That kit had never been near a hop,its bland as hell leaving a bitter tangy after taste the back of your throat,Wilko should be done under the trades description act

Bloody awful not fit for washing up water
So what will you do with it then?
-Drink it as it is
-Down the plug hole.
-Pour it back in the FV and dry hop/ hop tea it, then rebottle/keg ?
-Make lemonade shandies?
-Forget all about it for a year or two then try one
Could be a candidate for a Forum poll to help you decide!!

So what will you do with it then?
-Drink it as it is
-Down the plug hole.
-Pour it back in the FV and dry hop/ hop tea it, then rebottle/keg ?
-Make lemonade shandies?
-Forget all about it for a year or two then try one
Could be a candidate for a Forum poll to help you decide!!

Trouble is its all in bottles as I did this when all my kegs were full,grapefruit Alikav? Tell me more please

I must have really low standards. I think it's pretty good. Yeah it could be more hoppy and a fuller body but it OK.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Trouble is its all in bottles as I did this when all my kegs were full,grapefruit Alikav? Tell me more please

Seen a guy on you tube pour grapefruit juice into his IPA to give it some flavour,then he worked out how much t add for a batch he was planning,will post link when I find it

Seen a guy on you tube pour grapefruit juice into his IPA to give it some flavour,then he worked out how much t add for a batch he was planning,will post link when I find it
got a keg freeing up in a bit and plan on emptying all the bottles of it into it then pimping it maybe like your suggesting and purging the O2 and gassing up.its not in any way going down the sink.so I look forward to your linked video

got a keg freeing up in a bit and plan on emptying all the bottles of it into it then pimping it maybe like your suggesting and purging the O2 and gassing up.its not in any way going down the sink.so I look forward to your linked video

I can't upload the link for some reason r another, if you search YouTube for Homebrew Wednesday #18 Grapefruit IPA, that's it

well I watched the video alikav led me to and thought why not so went up morrisons and got a carton of pure concentrate grapefruit,cracked a bottle and started to add some to it and hey I may be able to drink this **** afterall as I do like grapefruit flavoured beer,worked out how much I added to the litre bottle and threw 14 litres of this trash beer out the bottles into a corny and threw in half litre of the grapefruit concentrate.gassed her up done a bit of purging and just gonna let it sit for a bit until I empty another cornie in the hope that some remaining yeast cells may awake and munch thru whatever sugars there are in the grapefruit concentrate,i will add an update as and when

well I watched the video alikav led me to and thought why not so went up morrisons and got a carton of pure concentrate grapefruit,cracked a bottle and started to add some to it and hey I may be able to drink this **** afterall as I do like grapefruit flavoured beer,worked out how much I added to the litre bottle and threw 14 litres of this trash beer out the bottles into a corny and threw in half litre of the grapefruit concentrate.gassed her up done a bit of purging and just gonna let it sit for a bit until I empty another cornie in the hope that some remaining yeast cells may awake and munch thru whatever sugars there are in the grapefruit concentrate,i will add an update as and when

Hope it woks out ok mate!
Ive just set a Coopers A IPA away and im going to add some grapefruit /vodka infusion to it. Not sure whether to do it now or after fermentation. Any thoughts anyone?

Hope it woks out ok mate!
Ive just set a Coopers A IPA away and im going to add some grapefruit /vodka infusion to it. Not sure whether to do it now or after fermentation. Any thoughts anyone?
Why not try it first before you feel the need to completely change it. Coopers kits are usually a step up from Wilko kits, and you might actually like it as it comes. I have done the Brew A IPA kit and although it was not too brilliant even with a Cascade and Centennial dry hop, it certainly wasn't a disaster that needed drastic action.

Why not try it first before you feel the need to completely change it. Coopers kits are usually a step up from Wilko kits, and you might actually like it as it comes. I have done the Brew A IPA kit and although it was not too brilliant even with a Cascade and Centennial dry hop, it certainly wasn't a disaster that needed drastic action.
IMO terry the coopers AIPA is also a poor kit and needs some umph,had such high hopes for it too,disappointing doesn't begin to describe it

Godsdog
I thought you might agree with me about trying it first given what you said a few weeks ago about the Brew A kit "methinks any kit new or established ones need brewing straight with no messing to see if you like what is standard first.time enough to tweak it later ons if need be"
Ah well :-(
However others on here have enjoyed it more or less as it comes it seems. On the other hand you and I have both concluded it is certainly not one of Coopers' best kits!
I am struggling to know what to do with the remaining one I have in my store. It could even end up as some sort of porter. :-o

Brewed this with just a kilo of dextrose. Was a bit rough at first but conditioned into an exceptable pint.

Godsdog
I thought you might agree with me about trying it first given what you said a few weeks ago about the Brew A kit "methinks any kit new or established ones need brewing straight with no messing to see if you like what is standard first.time enough to tweak it later ons if need be"
Ah well :-(
However others on here have enjoyed it more or less as it comes it seems. On the other hand you and I have both concluded it is certainly not one of Coopers' best kits!
I am struggling to know what to do with the remaining one I have in my store. It could even end up as some sort of porter. :-o

I found it made a good foil for a Partial Mash brew. Something like 2.5kg Maris Otter, 200g Crystal or Caramalt, then a bittering hop for 60mins and your flavour / aroma hops of choice @ 15 and 0 mins.

Sounds interesting. ...
Could you please give some instructions (idiot proof preferably!) on how to do this? Pot size (I got a 15l )water amounts etc.

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back