World Cup Fever competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So with the world cup draw taking place this afternoon, The build up to Russia 2018 will be well and truly underway.

England will probably be disappointing as they have in every major competition since I can remember (with the exception of 96)

I am planning on doing some themed brews for the occasion, I watch the matches with a group of friends and so my plan is to brew an "English" beer and then a beer for each team in the group. The idea is that during each match, the English beer will go head to head with a beer from the opposing country and lead to some good conversation and laughs...

Now last night I got a bit excited and was thinking about seeing if people wanted to do this across the forum?

The idea would be that we would need at least 32 people involved. Each person would get a country pulled out of a hat and they would need to brew a beer themed on that country. Obviously some lateral thinking would be needed for some but think this would add to the fun.

We would then work out a judge for each match who would be sent a bottle of each and we would then work out a Beer world cup winner by the end of the tournament.

I think I am right in that potentially it would mean posting out 7 beers.

As their are 64 matches, each person would be a judge for 2 games.

Is this too complicated or would people be up for this? I don't mind doing the logistics of it if people are interested.

Latest posts

Back