Hello from Sheffield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITMA

Reaction score
Hello all. Been enjoying lurking a while and time to de-lurk.

I've started brewing this summer (although I won a Boots kit when I was a kid - after the agony of bottling I vowed never again - 30 years on I'm back!).

I've done two kit brews (the LoveBrewing's own brand) which have gone well despite a couple of hiccups, and I've now switched to all grain with Grainfather. I'm 3 brews in and getting close to drinking the first of them (a Jaipur clone).

I can't say the all grain experience has been smooth - I have poor facilities living in a flat with a tiny kitchen but I'm lucky to have a loft which has accidentally become a small brewery.

I doubt Kelham Island or Thornbridge are quaking in their boots, but if I get drinkable beer out of it, I'm happy.

Great to be hear, great forum.

I've started brewing this summer (although I won a Boots kit when I was a kid - after the agony of bottling I vowed never again - 30 years on I'm back!).

The new fermenters (get two) have a tap just raised from the bottom to which one can attach a bottling wand makes bottling a very simple job. If the bottles have been well rinsed and dried after use they shouldn't need much or any sanitising.

I've done two kit brews (the LoveBrewing's own brand) which have gone well despite a couple of hiccups, and I've now switched to all grain with Grainfather. I'm 3 brews in and getting close to drinking the first of them (a Jaipur clone).

I can't say the all grain experience has been smooth - I have poor facilities living in a flat with a tiny kitchen but I'm lucky to have a loft which has accidentally become a small brewery.

I doubt Kelham Island or Thornbridge are quaking in their boots, but if I get drinkable beer out of it, I'm happy.

Great to be hear, great forum.

Greetings, Sheffield is a great city, spent 16 years living around the city.

D

The new fermenters (get two) have a tap just raised from the bottom to which one can attach a bottling wand makes bottling a very simple job. If the bottles have been well rinsed and dried after use they shouldn't need much or any sanitising.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Bottling is fine right now. When I was 14 and had very limited resources, it was a rolling pin and a crown capper, a right performance. Given I didn't drink it wasn't worth the effort.

Today, a much better capping machine and a constant thirst makes for a happier experience :whistle:

Latest posts

Back