Coopers, Brewmaster Pilsener Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started this kit 22/06/12
1kg Extra light spraymalt
Added 19 Litres of ashbeck mineral water
Pitched supplied yeast @ 18C

Could not get a proper OG reading as I didnt have a clean syphon/turkey baster free to draw a sample, but from what I could see the hydrometer was between 1.040 - 1.050. Spent quite a while trying to stir/slosh the wort to mix in the spraymalt, but after about 10 mins gave up on the clumpy bits.

For the first time ever, I used my temp controller purchased from Tim, set it to 14c with a variance of +/- 1C a lager yeast is supplied from what I have read.

Went on holiday for just shy of two weeks. Got back and checked the temps the other day, its sat at about 14.5C according to the PID, not stuck a thermomether in the brew itself, but i shouldnt think its gone above 18C. Opened the fridge door and the airlock was still bubbling, I had left the hydrometer in the FV, I took the lid off, and it looks like its almost ready to bottle, but I think it will need another week or so yet.

Once fermentation is complete, I plan to bottle half the brew in 500ml glass bottles with 1tsp brewing sugar, and the other half will go in a cornie and I will leave it there for a while.

Will update once bottled/kegged... but so far all appears to be going well. :thumb:

Back