EndBac cleaner/sanitiser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkel50

Reaction score
I have been given 5ltr of EndBac cleaner/sanitiser by Johnson Diversy. ENDBAC
Linky = ENDBAC
It seems to fit the bill for using to clean/sanitise my brewing equipment. Dilutes 1:50.
Question - Is a sanitiser the same as a steriliser?

got this off pdf info....
http://www.gompels.co.uk/pdf/40935.pdf
Alkyldimethylbenzylammoniumchloride (<5%)
Alkyl alcohol ethoxylate (<5%)
Alkyl alcohol ethoxylate (<5%)

no satising can be taking your rubish to the bin but sterasing is a whole differnt ball game
steralising is making it steril to any germs and bactria
santising is removing the worst of it not all of it

Thanks, just that website says..........

"This liquid cleaner sanitiser leaves surfaces bacteria free and kills bacteria common to food poisoning. Endbac Liquid Cleaner Sanitiser reduces the risk of cross contamination in one simple operation. This cleaner & Sanitiser kills bacteria including E-coli and Salmonella, reducing the risk of cross contamination."?

Sanitising is fine for brewing. It's almost impossible to sterilise in a home environment due to all the bacteria flying around in the air - all you want to do is give the beer the best chance, so provided this is used as per the instructions, should be fine. Not sure if it needs rinsing afterwards to avoid any flavour tainting though.

Best way to quickly sanitize is to use steam, but a fair bit of caution would be required. Some household steam cleaners should work well - it ensures the nasties are all killed off.

fbsf said:
Sanitising is fine for brewing. It's almost impossible to sterilise in a home environment due to all the bacteria flying around in the air - all you want to do is give the beer the best chance, so provided this is used as per the instructions, should be fine. Not sure if it needs rinsing afterwards to avoid any flavour tainting though.
Thanks, it does require rinsing but from webstie =
"Endbac Cleaner & Sanitiser cleans and sanitises work surfaces and equipment without tainting. This liquid cleaner sanitiser leaves surfaces bacteria free and kills bacteria common to food poisoning."
I will use it& see :cheers:

Latest posts

Back