Thanet (Kent) water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat

Reaction score
Hi all, going for our first AG brew on Monday and have been trying to find an up to date water report for my area. I am notoriously inept with a computer and my several days of searching on-line has only come up with one for 2004. Can anyone tell me where to get an up to date one?

TIA, Nat :roll:

Thanks for reply but (strangely) my water supplier is Southern Water (not South Eastern as you would expect). Buried in their website is an analysis with loads of stuff in it, but does not have the necessary bits to plug into the (Most excellent) water treatment calculator.

Cheers, Nat

Spent half hour yesterday becoming increasingly peeved, listening to a robot tell me that my call was important to it and that my call would be answered shortly. Phone ran out of battery and I swore quite vehemently :evil:

Regards, Nat

For your first AG I wouldn't get stressed over water treatment. Half a campden tablet in the water (known as liquor) the night before should suffice to get rid of chlorine/chloramines (you will prepare your liquor the night before, won't you ;) , saves time on brew day). Get a grip on the brewing process before worrying too much about water. Then the first thing you should be getting is an alkalinity test kit (aquarium supplies shop or ebay) and then using CRS (carbonate reducing solution) to reduce carbonate.

Til then, brew your first AG and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back