cantina pinot grigio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently enjoying my second brew of Cantina Pinot Grigio - really enjoying it.

All my friends love it too - an extremely quaffable, dry white with nice acidity.

Can't rave enough about the stuff to be honest - about £1.03 a bottle and ready in 5 days!!!!! (Well, according to packet anyway lol - mine have been ready in 6/7 days both times - allowing for clearing).

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this kit, and if it's the only good thing I ever get out of homebrew I'd be very happy!!!

Nice, drinkable white. Far better than the £5 jobbies from the supermarket. Not in the £10 league really, but hardly any of the shop bought whites are IMHO. This is a nice simple white with some dimension, flavour and good acidty, can't go wrong with it.

:cheers:

My current favourite "Quick Hit" kit (5 day). I let it finish, stabilise, thrash it with a drill for an hour, and add the first finings. Then instead of adding the second finings 3 hours later, I leave it at least another day. I then leave it at least 5 more days before bottling (so 10-11 days total), and every time it comes out as clear as a bell. I completely agree with the OP - it tastes like a much pricier wine, and I'm currently brewing 42L per month of this.

Agree totally with previous posts. I too leave the first finings longer, a good 12-14 hours before adding 2nd finings, then leave it two or three days to clear in a pressure barrel; unfortunately there is a tap on the barrel, so a few bottles "dissapear" through "checking how it's doing".

Have made countless batches of the Cantina Pinot Grigio, but when I couldn't get it tried the Solomon Grundy Pinot Grigio, you get two more bottles for your effort with their kit and I can't see a lot of difference in taste.

My experience of Cantina Pinot Grigio is not the same. I find it a highly-scented acid. Nail polish remover, acetone, is the prominent characteristic. Of course it may be my bad brewing skills. Strangely, the more expensive pingo is very tasty (Selection).

Latest posts

Back