beaverdale pinot grigio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro68

Reaction score
hi there ,was wondering if anyone has made the Beaverdale Pinot Grigio kit before , i was looking for some assurance as i have made this up and its fermenting fine but it appears to be almost a creamy colour and was wondering if this was the norm . the other kits i have made have always resembled a wine cloudy colour if that makes sense , it smells fine though and its only on day 4.any advice would be great.

Peter

I've done a couple. Mine went quite milky for a while but finished up fine. :party:

Superb kit - cant remember it going milky though - either way it finished really clear and tastes lovely

I've got this on at the moment: as you say it looks creamy and pretty yuk to start with, but mine has started to clear in the last day or so, immediately after the ferement stopped, and before I've transferred it to the second FV. So sounds like yours is OK just needs a bit of time. :D

i love this forum,always get an answer , sounds like my kit is doing fine then , im so glad and cant wait to try it , cheers for the replys .

Peter

Pedro, my previous favourite Beaverdale was the Chardonnay , until I did a 30 bottle Pino Grigio !! they both look a bit creamy while fermenting ( I have 2 x 30 bottle on the go at the minute) but they do settle nicely. Get one of those degassing bent sticks to fit on a drill, they do a brilliant job, I syphon mine into another Carbouy (or fermenter) as soon as the fermentation has finished, stabilise it and de-gass 2 or 3 times a day for a few minutes (drill at medium speed) for about 3 days and you will see it start to clear almost straight away, use finings if your not happy with it after de-gassing, then filter out into 5 litre containers (from Tesco at 1.25 each including spring water) leave for a couple of weeks bottle and cool in the fridge , it is a very very nice wine, not just acceptable and only about £1.40 a bottle , biggest problem is staying way from the stuff , its torture for my liver !!

Back