Bulldog thor

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kegbelly

Reaction score
Well got my first batch of thor in the primary fermenter, just couldnt get the temp down below 28 to pitch the yeast! So put in anyway. I have now had to move the fermenter to a unused chest freezer to cool down to the required temp, just switched it on for an hour it is now down to a lovely 20 degrees. I wouldnt have harmed my yeast putting it in at 28 degrees would I?

The first 24 hrs are critical temp wise, keep it below 21c as a general rule for and ale.

In trouble with the missus, the fermenter is now taking up the bath holding steady at 19.6 c. Its hard work trying to keep it at the right temp without some form of chiller! I left it in the freezer hoping it would keep it cool but once turned off the temp rose again. Hoping now the cold bath water will keep it right. At this rate my first batch will turn out like p!ss :pray: :pray:

looks like the bath did the trick, nicely fermenting away now. Now to refill the bath again before work.

4 days in and still fermenting, moved it now permantly to the unused freezer holding at 20. Just dropped in the hop bag today, be intresting to see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back